Notifications
Clear all

Diet And/or Products That Help With Sebum Regulation?

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 05/07/2015 10:31 am

Hi, guys! I just got back from the dermatologist and she told me that the majority of my acne is caused because of my oily skin. I also live in FL where there's a high humidity--so surely that's contributing to my problem. My question is: Is there anything natural whether it be diet or some kind of product that helps regulate your oil production? I know mine is hereditary and there's nothing I can do about that, BUT is there anything I can do that may help? I just started a gluten-free diet this week as I have tummy issues, and in doing so I've eliminated a lot of processed foods and cut back on my oil and sugar intake. I was moisturizing with argan oil but after going to the dermatologist, I'm gonna try what they've given me to at least get my skin under control. I'm at my wits end.

MemberMember
(@technoir)

Posted : 05/07/2015 11:28 am

Stay away from junk food. Limit the amount of processed foods.

Basically try and eat as healthy as you can. It won't cure it, but it might help alleviate it.

MemberMember
(@intothewild)

Posted : 05/07/2015 12:05 pm

i have really oily skin as well and surprisingly one product that has helped is proactiv oil free moisturizer. I have no idea why but that is the only moisturizer i've tried that helps keep my skins oil balanced after a wash. Diet wise, my skin seems to be less oily if i cut out dairy and grains.

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 05/07/2015 9:25 pm

I tried Proactiv way back in the day and it didn't help me at all :\