Notifications
Clear all

If Diet Causes My Acne..

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 05/11/2015 10:12 am

i am 19 years old.

If my diet causes my acne... Will I be able to grow out of my acne around the age of 25? It's not like my digestive system will change or anything, right?

MemberMember
(@timbuddy)

Posted : 05/11/2015 3:22 pm

Hi Dailee - hopefully you will either outgrow it or find something that works. Diet seems to have helped lots of people and it definitely did for me. However, I didn't change my diet around until I was about 26, so I suffered from age 17 until then.

It was SOOOO worth it in the end. Once I got my diet right I no longer had to worry about how my face looked and could easily pinpoint what would cause my skin to break out.

It's encouraging that you are looking at all angles of how to address it - most people at your stage just try a lot of different topical treatments.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 05/12/2015 5:04 am

What exact did you change in your diet?

I've already eliminated gluten as much as possible, I don't eat sugar at all, I eliminated refined carbs (white bread, pasta, etc.) as much as possible. And I definitely don't need fast food.

I've also eliminated oranges cause they seem to give me cystic acne... And some other fruits too.

Any changes I've made that you also made?

MemberMember
(@timbuddy)

Posted : 05/12/2015 7:25 am

Hi Dailee,

You mentioned a lot of what you eliminated, but what did you replace it with? Most approaches talk about NOT eating this or NOT eating that, I think it's much more important to talk about what you CAN have.

For me one of those things has been GREENS - I've been working on a 5-Day "Kickstart" which, if followed, might really help. I made it really easy to follow and it shows you how to make green smoothies, etc. Send me a private message if you're interested and I can give you the link there!

MemberMember
(@parthavi)

Posted : 05/12/2015 7:42 am

If you keep track of your diet and observe the change in your skin on a daily basis, you will be able find out what food items cause acne. Then you can avoid them and see whether there is an improvement.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 05/12/2015 9:44 pm

I will have a bit of everything.

Most of my diet consists mainly of white rice (because I'm Asian, and I have no choice) and veggies (broccoli, green beans, bok Choy, spinach, etc.) and chicken.

Occasionally (2-3 times a week) I will include salmon in my dinner. And sometimes (also 2-3 tons a week) I will spread an avocado onto an Omega 3 enriched bread made from natural ingredients.

I'll munch on pork just a tiny bit, I try to avoid beef.

White bread I avoid at all costs, but if it's something like noodles, I can't really negotiate T_T

As for fruits I pretty much only eat pears... Apples seem to break me out in the moustache area and oranges give me painful cysts. Grapes gimme tiny whiteheads around the cheeks. I haven't had any other fruit in a while so I might test out on those..

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 05/12/2015 10:08 pm

Yeah its weird, I've found out that icecream causes acne, but white chocolate doesn't.. Weird cause both have dairy.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 05/13/2015 12:53 am

Interesting... I'm kinda afraid to touch dairy.

Any experiences with Greek yogurt?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 05/13/2015 4:07 am

Interesting... I'm kinda afraid to touch dairy.

Any experiences with Greek yogurt?

Its best to be safe and not touch dairy at all yeah, but ultimately you'll have to find out for yourself which foods break you out. It sucks cause the only way you'll find out is the hard way lol.