Notifications
Clear all

As I Start Accutane- The Beginning Of The End

MemberMember
(@emilyjames0320)

Posted : 05/05/2015 12:52 am

Helllllooooo acne.org

This is my first time EVER to blog, (I have no idea why I haven't before). First of all I want to start with saying I have cystic acne. I have had it for seven long and awful years. Yes, I know some of you have had it for longer periods, and my heart hurts for you.

My acne isn't covering my whole face. It is very sporadic, which I think made the pros scratch their head a bit. I've been on numerous antibiotics, tried tons of creams, and along with all of you, tried everything from prescription to proactive. Yep that's right, nothing works. Along with making me feel ugly acne has also burned a whole in my parent's pocket.

I know how bad you feel when you take your make up off. I know how bad you feel when that awkward lighting hits your face and shows off your acne even worse. I can't even take a selfie with the rest of the world because of my stupid face. How can you embrace something that makes you feel dirty? Or makes you think less of yourself? It's evil. Acne is evil.

You would think I've lost all hope. Truth is I did. I had no more faith in my skin getting better. That was until I made a decision. I applied and qualified for Accutane. Getting on this strong drug was a big deal for me, but I knew that the side effects were worth seeing the redness and impurities.

This is my fourth day of Accutane. So far I've mkticed mainly a dry throat... Today was the first day I've seen a different in my pimples shrinking, which is cool. Honestly guys, it hasn't been that bad at all. This is because I went into this prepared. Now I must give you a list of items you should buy if you're experiencing dryness.

NIVEA in shower lotion

Aquafor

Cetaphil moisturizing CREAM in the jar

LUSH Skindrink

-this has been the best product for my facial moisturizer! It has kept my face moisture balanced completely.

Buy these things and apply them regulary! You won't be sorry.

MemberMember
(@piano36)

Posted : 05/06/2015 5:49 pm

Hey Emily James,

Good luck with Accutane! I've started within the last few weeks as well and have definitely felt the same way in the past. On a side note- I started with the Cetaphil moisturizing cream in the tub, too and found that it was not enough for me (oh the struggles of dryness), so maybe I'll try Skindrink (Lush rarely disappoints) .

Keep updating us on how you're doing!