Notifications
Clear all

Shall I Quit Breastfeeding For Accutane?!

MemberMember
(@jennifer90)

Posted : 05/01/2015 8:38 am

Hi guys,

My story with acne is pretty much a very very long story,but i'll try to cut it short.I am 25 yrs old,i ve been suffering from acne since i was 13.like most of you i ve tried almost everything in the market except for accutane...i went to several dermatologists but never got a satisfying result.acne has made me depressed my whole life...i am always insecure and have a very low selfesteem although i never show that.

At the meantime i am breastfeeding,and my acne was pretty much manageable through out my pregnancy..but after birth everything just went crazy and um breaking out very bad much worse than before...

I really want to take accutane cuz i know it is the only hope i have left...but breastfeeding is the obstacle

I dont want to be selfish and give up breastfeeding as my son is only 2 months old...but also um starting to hate breastfeeding because it's keeping my dream for clear skin so faraway... I am so depressed right now and i know that this will affect my baby....

Shall i follow the regimen until i stop breastfeeding and see if it works...or quit breastfeeding now or what

I am afraid the regimen would make things worse

Sorry for the long story but i just needed to let it go

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/01/2015 10:26 am

I think that is a really personal choice you have to make. I don't think the regimen will make your acne worse if you continue to breastfeed. The recommendation is to breastfeed for at least 6 months, so you have four to go - which isn't too much longer! And in that time, your hormones may balance out a bit. Either way - it is really your choice.