Notifications
Clear all

Acne On My Arms Is This Kp?

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 04/30/2015 11:03 pm

Hi I'm a 17 year old guy and I have acne on my upper arms and a few bumps on my lower arms but my lower arms aren't an issue like my upper arms are.I don't know how often I get these bumps but I know they can be a little painful like a breakout, I was searching the internet to find answers and the only thing that caught my eye was this thing called keratosis pilaris which apparently is a genetic skin condition that is NOT curable or it can clear up at age 30. I'm really stressed out right now because I don't know if I have this thing or not and seeing that it's not curable scares me even more and living with it until I'm 30 sounds horrifying. According to a website online keratosis pilaris affects the upper arms, thighs and buttocks. I don't get breakouts or bumps on my thighs or buttocks, they say that this condition is genetic but my parents and siblings do not have acne or this skin condition.

I don't know if dry skin has anything to do with that but I take hot showers every morning and night which makes my skin really dry and I do not apply moisturiser on my arms or body but I have started to do that today, my diet is also bad and not really healthy at all so that could be a reason. Also is it even normal for a teenager to get arm acne? Anyone have a clue?

post-384907-0-58988400-1430452887.jpg

post-384907-0-40718200-1430452892.jpg

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 05/01/2015 1:58 am

Do you also get acne along your ear and jawline? Are your ears prone to pain or itchiness? Staphylococcus aureus is a pimple-causing bacteria http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/staph-infection-cellulitis that can be found in the nose, skin, and ears of approximately 30% of the adult population. http://antimicrobe.org/h04c.files/history/LID%202005%20V5%20-%20Werthiem-Saureus.pdf

You mention that you shower twice a day. It is possible that the water is bringing ear bacteria directly down to your upper arms and causing acne. Since that is closer to your ears that may be why it's more frequent there as opposed to your lower arms. Do you occasionally shower less than two times a day? If you have, was there a difference in upper arm acne?

Your acne-causing bacteria may be residing in your ears. You are on the acne.org regimen, right? Do you include your ears as a part of that regimen? You may benefit from washing your ears with the gentle cleanser and adding the benzoyl peroxide after you dry them.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 05/01/2015 2:22 am

Do you also get acne along your ear and jawlines? Are your ears prone to pain or itchiness? Staphylococcus aureus is a pimple-causing bacteria http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/staph-infection-cellulitis that can be found in the nose, skin, and ears of approximately 30% of the adult population. http://antimicrobe.org/h04c.files/history/LID%202005%20V5%20-%20Werthiem-Saureus.pdf

You mention that you shower twice a day. It is possible that the water is bringing ear bacteria directly down to your upper arms and causing acne. Since that is closer to your ears that may be why it's more frequent there as opposed to your lower arms. Do you occasionally shower less than two times a day? If you have, was there a difference in upper arm acne?

Your acne-causing bacteria may be residing in your ears. You are on the acne.org regimen, right? Do you include your ears as a part of that regimen? You may benefit from washing your ears with the gentle cleanser and adding the benzoyl peroxide after you dry them.

Oh dear. I have 3 bumps on my ears right now, two bumps are on each ear behind them and one bump is behind the area but it's on the head not on the ear. They aren't pus bumps but more like red raised bumps, I do shower twice a day but sometimes I don't but for the most part I shower twice a day. I don't get as many breakouts on my face because I'm on the acne.org regimen but my neck is also affected and I even have a pimple on my neck right now.