Notifications
Clear all

Tetracycline For Acne? Yes Or No?

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 04/20/2015 8:39 am

Dear all,

I have been breaking out lately about 4-5 pimples on my face. (I dont get usually get such pimples before, usually just mild comedones) I am not sure if the lack of sleep (6hrs on average during weekdays, more on the weekends) attribute to such breakouts. Yes, I have oily skin but I eat healthy (less-no sugar, fruits & vegetables, no milk, no dairy etc) and I have no idea why I still get breakouts at the age of 22.

So.. I went to visit my derm today and he prescribed me an antibiotic called Tetracycline, in 250mg. I am supposed to take 1 capsule during the day and 2 at night for a month. He claimed that I won't receive any side effects from this BUT when I did my research online, I realised that there is a chance that the acne will come back worse than before once you get off the pills. Is it true? The likelihood of your skin becoming resistance to this antiobiotic overtime would advocate more bacteria growth which cause acne.

Or should I take B5 (in moderate dosage, of cos) since there are many positive reviews here?

HELP :(

Anyway, if you suffered from bacne try adding fruits and carrots into your diet. I juice carrots 2-3 a week and have an apples for breakouts almost everyday. Try this regime for 1 month and see if it helps! I didn't know that it would help with my bacne but I still get pimples on my face :(

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 04/20/2015 9:37 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@redsweater)

Posted : 04/20/2015 9:40 pm

No. It made my teeth yellow and gave me horrible nausea, not to mention it simply stops working after a bit while killing all the good bacteria in your boody and building antibiotic resistance.

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 04/21/2015 1:25 am

How long have you had it? I went to my dermatologist thrice, was hoping he could prescribed me with Accutane but he advised me to stick with antibiotics instead. T_T

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 04/23/2015 8:08 am

anyone??

MemberMember
(@redsweater)

Posted : 04/23/2015 9:19 am

about four weeks

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/23/2015 3:10 pm

Don't waste your time. Antibiotics for acne will eventually hurt your body in the long run and the rebound effect can be rough. Ask for a retinoid and an anti microbial such as BP and stay off the oral stuff if you can.

Reevaluate your diet and stress level and take it one step at a time.