Notifications
Clear all

Please Advise On Type Of Scarring And Treatment Possibilities

MemberMember
(@euphonia)

Posted : 04/19/2015 4:29 pm

Hello Guys,

I've been a long time browser of the Acne.org forums, but I have never posted or contributed up until now.

I had to take a break from all things acne related, as I had become super fixated on my skin - I still am to a degree, but I am a bit older now, and able to rationalise things a bit better.

I had cystic acne as a teenager, and was subsequently prescribed Roaccutane, which helped curtail the pools of sebum which blocked my pores, but I have been left with a load of different types of scar on my cheeks, temples and chin. I am having difficulty identifying what types of scar they are, and what type of treatment would be most suitable.

I believe that some of them are rollings scars, and so would like to undergo a few rounds of subcision, combining it with the suction method, but I would really appreciate other people's opinions on the scars. I have tried to catch them in a variety of lighting conditions, and I will probably try to take some more pictures with a better quality camera soon.

I have a 2.5mm dermaroller, and have rolled with it 3-4 times, but I haven't really seen much (if any improvement) from using it on a semi-regular basis (every 4-6 weeks).

Thanks in advance!

post-459748-0-82884100-1429478843.jpg

post-459748-0-31973400-1429478845.jpg

post-459748-0-71077400-1429478846.jpg

post-459748-0-95108500-1429478847.jpg

MemberMember
(@euphonia)

Posted : 04/20/2015 7:15 am

Surely there must be some scar experts out there willing to help me identify my scarring?

I promise to post regular updates about any treatment which I subsequently choose to undergo! : )

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/20/2015 9:16 am

I'm no expert by no means. But to me it seem that you have a few rolling and the rest look like boxcar scars. I would go ahead and try a few rounds of subcision w/ suction & microneedling.

Check out my journey here:

Most of your scars are isolated so expect to have Drs push fillers. Fillers should most definitely be a last resort for stubborn scars (This is after you try a few subcision rounds (1-3)

Find a good subcision doctor with lots of experience

Be assertive

Be reasonable - Give it time, it can take 0-3 years to be where you want, studies I have posted on my blog say otherwise but you never know

MemberMember
(@euphonia)

Posted : 04/20/2015 10:15 am

Hi Robertitoo

Many thanks for your reply. I had a look at your posts documenting your subcision experience; I'm pleased that you managed to find such a sympathetic and considerate Dr to carry out the procedure, and it is great that you had some good results from it as well.

I live in England, but hopefully I will be able to find someone who carries out subcision and considers it as important to scar revision as your Dr. I have e-mailed the surgery where Dr Chu is based, and have received a consultation fee quote - If I go ahead with subcision, then I will also purchase a pump to use after the subsequent procedures. I have also been looking at punch excision and recell.

I will be sure to document any procedures that I undergo, sharing any photos and experiences with the Acne.org community in the process.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/20/2015 10:50 am

Hi Robertitoo

Many thanks for your reply. I had a look at your posts documenting your subcision experience; I'm pleased that you managed to find such a sympathetic and considerate Dr to carry out the procedure, and it is great that you had some good results from it as well.

I live in England, but hopefully I will be able to find someone who carries out subcision and considers it as important to scar revision as your Dr. I have e-mailed the surgery where Dr Chu is based, and have received a consultation fee quote - If I go ahead with subcision, then I will also purchase a pump to use after the subsequent procedures. I have also been looking at punch excision and recell.

I will be sure to document any procedures that I undergo, sharing any photos and experiences with the Acne.org community in the process.

Definitely do so and take your time.