Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackDoe

Dermabrasion For Hypertrophic Scars

Posted

Hey folks!

I've got many bumps (small hypertrophic scars) all over my cheeks. The aren't big, but they make my skin look very uneven. The don't respond on any treatments. I want to abrase them to the skin level. In this weekend I'm gonna use a pumice stone at first. Next I will use this stuff (how can I call it on English?) for abrasion.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I mean, anyone treating hypertrophic scars with dermabrasion?

Posted (edited)

That's microdermabrasion and I wouldn't mess with hypertrophic or keloid because they can cause a depression if treated incorrectly. I would visit a derm or surgeon for this..

Check here:

Prior to the depression a keloid/hypertrophic scar was present.

There's other alternatives for such scarring for example silicone sheets and single needling then massaging the scars. Personally I have no experience and I recommend you have them examined by a trained professional before you decide to do such thing.

Edited by Robertitoo

Posted (edited)

I have no professionals in my country...

They are really small. I don't even see them to needle, but I know they are there. It's hard to explain... I'm not a native, I'm sorry.

I rolled and stamped my cheeks about 4 months. They don't respond (btw, atrophic ones respond well). I really don't see any other ways to get them flatten, except dermabrasion.

In part of causing depressions, I don't think so. As I already said, they're small. But I'm afraid they will grow up again.

Edited by Roach25