Hypertrophic Scar

MemberMember
(@wozza)

Posted : 03/31/2015 9:34 pm

Hi guys and girls. I have silently been following for a while. Thank you for all the tips over the yearsWhere to begin? Unfortunately over a year ago I was viciously punched above my left eyebrow using a knuckleduster. This caused me considerable trauma and distress especially since after being stitched up by the doctors I was left with a raised hypertrophic scarring. I had tried everything to reduce the size including silicon sheets, massage, dermatix gel, warm compress but it just wouldnt go. So, I went back to the doc and he had performed scar revision surgery (6months ago) which has improved the scar but its still raised ugly and red in my opinion. I have continued using silicon sheets, dermatix gel, scar massage techniques but its not really helping and getting me down :( Last week the maxilo facial surgeon injected 0.6ml of triamcinolone steroid which hasnt done much Is there anything else I could try? I have ordered the dermal rollers from sarah vaughters website. Im not sure if it will help in all fairness.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/01/2015 9:02 am

I think you can have the triamcinolone injected every few weeks so I would try keep getting those injections to see if it helps and maybe the next time the doc will put more in there too. i dont know enough about dermal rollers but i think they are best for atrophic scars.

MemberMember
(@wozza)

Posted : 04/01/2015 9:47 am

Thanks Tracy. I will run it by the consultant. Has anyone had any success with dermal rollers / needles on hypertrophic scarring.

post-460531-0-55717100-1427899486.jpg

post-460531-0-34717000-1427899503.jpg