Notifications
Clear all

Oily And Dry Skin

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 03/07/2015 7:13 pm

Hey all is been a while since I have posted here. I'm still battling acne but I have seen dermatologist and they said it is mostly scaring and there are a few laser surgeries that can remove it. So far I've embraced it I've realized that it's going to be with me for a while so why not embrace it. Also gave up on the hopes of getting with the girl of my dreams. She is now my best friend (lol friend zoned to the max).

Anyways here's what's up and please forgive me if I misplaced this topic as it has been a while.

I'm not taking anymore medicine or cream for my scars. I haven't for a while. I used to have very oily skin now it's a mix of both. Whenever I wash my face it dries my skin up bad. Wether it's a shower or washing my face. My nose and cheeks dry up bad. I don't even use soap just splashing my face with water will dry me out. I used to be able to just get out of a shower and be ok. Now my skin dries bad. My forehead gets oily but not my cheeks. Is there anything I can do to stop my skin from drying so much. I went swimming with my friend a few weeks ago and as soon as I got out I ran to the bathroom so she wouldn't see and I patted my face dry and my skin was so dry and tight. This goes for anything even a shower. I even have a filtered shower head and it still does not help.

Any advice??

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/07/2015 10:24 pm

Do you moisturize? I think its the most important thing you can do for your skin. It should help with oiliness too. I find oily skin is just dry skin trying to compensate with oil.

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 03/07/2015 11:40 pm

Do you moisturize? I think its the most important thing you can do for your skin. It should help with oiliness too. I find oily skin is just dry skin trying to compensate with oil.

yes everyday. When I get out of the shower and after I wash my face. it's oil free and alcohol free.

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/07/2015 11:49 pm

Maybe you need to find a better moisturizer. Add some jojoba oil maybe? Very few moisturizers work for me without the added jojoba oil.

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 03/08/2015 12:14 pm

Maybe you need to find a better moisturizer. Add some jojoba oil maybe? Very few moisturizers work for me without the added jojoba oil.

jojoba oil? What is that?

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/08/2015 8:02 pm

You can get from this site, but its an oil that is very similar to the oil your skin produces. You can add it to any moisturizer to give your skin a hydration boost. Worth a try.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 03/10/2015 7:42 am

Your skin can be oily or dry along with dehydrated or not dehydrated. You have oily, dehydrated skin. Your skin is oily obviously because you can see and feel the oil it is making but underneath the oil your skin is actually dehydrated due to Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL) usually caused by harsh cleansers, really dry air, long hot showers, etc. Your best bet is to be super gentle with the products you use on your skin and possibly try using a light oil free moisturizer for a while to help your skin retain moisture.

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 03/10/2015 9:10 pm

Your skin can be oily or dry along with dehydrated or not dehydrated. You have oily, dehydrated skin. Your skin is oily obviously because you can see and feel the oil it is making but underneath the oil your skin is actually dehydrated due to Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL) usually caused by harsh cleansers, really dry air, long hot showers, etc. Your best bet is to be super gentle with the products you use on your skin and possibly try using a light oil free moisturizer for a while to help your skin retain moisture.

Well I don't use cleansers. And I take wa showers but I could wash it with cold water and it will still dry up. At the moment I use an oil free and alcohol free moisturizer. It's only my cheeks so that's where I put it. I've never had to use lotion before and I've never had dry skin like this. Is there any long term fixes?

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 03/11/2015 2:55 pm

Something is causing the dryness so yes there is a long term fix it's just figuring out the cause. Your skin could be still recovering from something you used/did a while ago, sometimes it takes time. Do you live in a cold climate where the humidity is real low? If you can't think of anything you are doing that could be irritating your skin then I would just give it time. If the problem has been there for more than a few months I would ask a doctor.

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 03/12/2015 3:46 pm

Something is causing the dryness so yes there is a long term fix it's just figuring out the cause. Your skin could be still recovering from something you used/did a while ago, sometimes it takes time. Do you live in a cold climate where the humidity is real low? If you can't think of anything you are doing that could be irritating your skin then I would just give it time. If the problem has been there for more than a few months I would ask a doctor.

Yea I live in the desert so hot summers and cold winters. It's barely starting to warm up