Notifications
Clear all

Facial Redness And Possible Forehead Folliculitis!

MemberMember
(@masetw)

Posted : 03/04/2015 9:36 am

Hi,

Can anyone help with a bit of advice on the following.....

Ill make it quick :)

Forehead, Nose and Chin gets really oily even straight after showering!

Skin gets really red from any kind of touching lately.

Corners and bottom of nose and mouth getting really red and flakey!

Constant red bumps on temples.

Skin around lips get whiteheads after shaving.

Forehead has a lot of skin coloured bumps that come and go every now and then (Been coming more than going lately)

I have read up quite a bit on Seb Derm and Folliculitis and it sounds pretty much like those.

I do suffer from Psoriasis on the back of my scalp which I treat with coal tar shampoo. Could that be another factor?

I don't use any products on my face as I worry they will irritate it. I train quite a few times a week and shower straight after.

Please help with any advice as its really getting me down lately and putting strain on work,home and me and my girlfriend.

Thank You In Advance!

I have attached some pics to give you a little idea of whats going on (Not the greatest pics)

:)

post-195085-0-79730300-1425479272.jpg

post-195085-0-20015700-1425479294.jpg

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 03/05/2015 9:52 pm

Is it possible for you to see a dermatologist? What you describe can be seborrheic dermatitis, or maybe you just have sensitive skin.

You mention that you don't use anything on your face, so that means, that nothing you are putting on it is causing this reaction, then could that be the reason why the sebum is accumulating and then bacteria mixed with it causing the problem?

So, that is why I really think that a visit to the dermatologist could help you the most, you could tell him/her exactly what you wrote on your post here. Because you really explained your condition really well, on your picture it is hardly noticeable.

Take care, I hope that you can find an answer.