Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Skin Changes

MemberMember
(@larosa)

Posted : 02/26/2015 6:05 am

Hi guys, I've been on accutane 10 days (20mg) and I've noticed some changes in my acne. What was largely hormonal and poppable (sorry!!) is now deep under my skin, like a large, very hard bump, more like sebaceous cysts. About the size of a fingernail. I have about 6 on my face asides my regular visitors...

Is this normal? Will they continue until after my treatment?

I think everyone panics in the first few weeks that accutane will make their skin worse, I'm just checking to see if anyone else experiences these? They are pretty painful, probably because deep...

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 02/26/2015 8:11 am

Hey

I have to say I had lots of clogged pores, blackheads and poppable breakouts as well before tane

I never got red marble monsters until tane

thankfully I got only about 2-3 of those during these 4 mnths

My Dr suggested shots for them but honestly didnt notice any difference in healing

GL

kim

MemberMember
(@larosa)

Posted : 02/26/2015 8:31 am

Hey

I have to say I had lots of clogged pores, blackheads and poppable breakouts as well before tane

My Dr suggested shots for them but honestly didnt notice any difference in healing

GL

kim

Thanks Kim- I think it must be accutane. They are dire but I'm going to try and wait them out.

Did they disappear after a couple months of your course? I'm not getting huge breakouts in terms of whiteheads, just these ugly lumps :(

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/26/2015 1:20 pm

I'm on accutane too and have not noticed any changes like this. Have you started using anything new on your face since starting the accutane like moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@larosa)

Posted : 02/28/2015 9:09 am

I'm on accutane too and have not noticed any changes like this. Have you started using anything new on your face since starting the accutane like moisturizer?

Nope- that said they may dry up within my first month (I'm near the end of my second week).

I'm just trying not to stress about it and accept all cysts are temporary even if they seem permanent!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 02/28/2015 9:55 am

Hey

GL

kim

Thanks Kim- I think it must be accutane. They are dire but I'm going to try and wait them out.

Did they disappear after a couple months of your course? I'm not getting huge breakouts in terms of whiteheads, just these ugly lumps

I have to say they heal very veyr slowly (but that might just be me/skin)

the last one i had was about 5 weeks ago..its finally completely flattened out and there is a red mark

GL

dont u wish we could just fast forward a few mnths :)

kim

MemberMember
(@larosa)

Posted : 03/01/2015 9:27 am

Hey

GL

kim

Did they disappear after a couple months of your course? I'm not getting huge breakouts in terms of whiteheads, just these ugly lumps

I have to say they heal very veyr slowly (but that might just be me/skin)

the last one i had was about 5 weeks ago..its finally completely flattened out and there is a red mark

GL

dont u wish we could just fast forward a few mnths

kim

Oh my god yes. Patience is an extra ingredient which I don't seem to be able to produce myself -_-

Skin is peeling today so I'm hoping those unwelcome guests take a hint and dry up