Notifications
Clear all

When Did Your Skin Clear ?

MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 02/24/2015 2:07 pm

I know everyone is different but I was wondering how long until you saw your skin start to clear on accutane ?

I'm on week 9 and I am starting to see my forehead clear but I am still breaking out on my chin, cheeks and my back :( !

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 02/24/2015 5:46 pm

I mostly cleared up by the middle of month 5, but I think I took longer than most. I was completely clear 1 month after the end of my course, and I have been completely since then.

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 02/24/2015 9:50 pm

month four and still a roller coaster

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 02/25/2015 2:04 pm

ok I guess everyone is different thanks guys :)

MemberMember
(@missvania)

Posted : 03/06/2015 12:29 pm

Yes, everyone's different.

I had a bad initial breakout that lasted all month 2. I was completely clear around month 4-5.

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@minana48)

Posted : 03/09/2015 2:04 pm

Hi! I just finished my fourth month and I'm still breaking out. I'm pretty discouraged but as many people said, some people only clear up near the end of the treatment. It's 100% normal to be breaking out on week 9 so don't worry about it!

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 03/09/2015 3:20 pm

** Sorry I realized this was already resolved by OP but can't erase anything...hmmm

I was almost immediately clear and had really horrible acne pre-accutane. I never had an initial breakout and my skin was completely rid of all active acne by the end of month 1. However, It came back 5 months post accutane (not anywhere NEAR as bad) but I will be starting it again next week and can hopefully see similar results but am expecting the worst I'll post back when I get a clear answer for my second round.

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/09/2015 7:59 pm

my last course i was 100 percent clear by month 4

this course im in week 3.....going trough the IB i think

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 03/10/2015 10:01 am

ok thanks for all the other replies :) i am now nearly on my 12th week and i have had no new breakouts on my forehead for a while which is so cool although i do have red marks and scars but still they cover with make-up :) . A few days ago i broke out on my left cheek :( and I'm finding it hard cause it's really bad!!

I'm finding it hard as my face is dry and peeling and when i moisturise it breaks me out !!!! Anyone else having the same problem ?

- A

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 03/10/2015 11:36 am

What moisturizer are you using? I know this is probably a bit of a stretch but my derm told me during my last treatment that I could slather my face with butter and still wouldn't break out.... I obviously never would but it shouldn't still be breaking you out?

For what it's worth I used CeraVe moisturizing cream (in the tub) and it kept my skin supple and clear :)

Good Luck!

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/10/2015 12:22 pm

Im having a very tough time with moisturizers

My derm said since I was never able to tolerate them in the past to try and use them to a minimum now

It seems everytime i use moisturizer i break out more

Im trying a hydrating serum right now

kim

ac98 liked
MemberMember
(@lovelycrimsonred)

Posted : 03/10/2015 10:08 pm

I know everyone is different but I was wondering how long until you saw your skin start to clear on accutane ?

I'm on week 9 and I am starting to see my forehead clear but I am still breaking out on my chin, cheeks and my back !

I did 60mg/day for 6 months. I'd say my skin wasn't completely clear until I had completed 4 months. Unfortunately my acne came back about a year later, and I've spent the past 4 years going to dermatologists trying to find one who will let me complete a second course of Claravis instead of prescribing me the same useless topical creams I've been on for 20 years. However, I will say that my acne is 80-90% better, so it has definitely been worth it for me.

ac98 liked