Notifications
Clear all

Cleared On Accutane & Now Breaking Out Again In Month 9

MemberMember
(@hollys90)

Posted : 02/24/2015 1:12 pm

Hi,

I have been on Accutane for 9 months. I started on 10mg, then 20mg, then 40mg and I started on 60mg earlier this month. I have been completely clear since month 4, but I have started to break out again the past month. Normally when my dose was increased I would have a tiny breakout for a day or two, but it seems as if my skin is getting worse and worse.

Has anyone else experienced this?

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 02/24/2015 5:30 pm

I can only say with each increase i also broke out but once i had 60mg it didnt stop?

I often wondered if it was coincidence or too much tane?

wish i could be more helpful

ive often thought of lowering my dose back down to 40mg when my skin was its best and staying on it longer

Not sure your weight but after 9 mnths haven't u reached the cum dose?

Kim

MemberMember
(@hollys90)

Posted : 02/25/2015 12:21 pm

Thanks so much for your reply!

I am doing a low-dose course, which is why I have been on it for so long. I started on 10mg and slowly worked up to 60mg.

I am really worried that my skin has become used to the accutane and it isn't working anymore!

I would appreciate any advice!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 02/25/2015 12:59 pm

Do u know what your goal cum. dose is?

How much longer on the meds?

Did u happen to start any new products? skin care or makeup?

if not im thinking its the higher dose tane causing the breakout...hopefully ti will resolve quickly..for me they last max 2 weeks

GL

kim

MemberMember
(@hollys90)

Posted : 02/26/2015 9:50 am

Thanks for your reply.

I will be on the meds until May, and my goal is 8400mg.

I havent used anything new, so I am hoping that it's just the higher dose causing the breakout.

Thanks so much!

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 02/26/2015 10:56 am

I REALLY think it's just the increase in the dose, I wouldn't worry too much :) Accutane is phenomenal and doing its job for sure. Like Kim saying having a breakout after upping the dose is totally and completely normal. Your skin isn't getting used to Accutane, I don't think it really can.... :) Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@hollys90)

Posted : 02/26/2015 11:42 am

Thanks so much emmygirl... its so disheartening to have enjoyed clear skin for 3 months and then have a big breakout! Fingers crossed it gets better :)