Notifications
Clear all

Emotional Drainage/life Consumption

MemberMember
(@sueannabanana)

Posted : 02/15/2015 6:04 pm

I've never posted on this site and while I should probably post more on how to get rid of acne this section really highlights what im going through it's nice to know im not alone. I think ive developed an ocd about facial care im constantly thinking about how I should wash my face, if what im eating is safe or if I should just starve, I want to workout but I think about if I should wash my face before or after or both, I avoid going out and I cry in the car and in public over what I look like. And a thousand more anxious thoughts which just perpetuate it more im sure, it has consumed my every thought and is emotionally exhausting. It's even more unhealthy to say/think but I can't live like this. People asj if I want to do xyz and my response is no it'll probably make my acne worse. Im not sure if anyone will even read this but at least I vented I guess, thanks.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/15/2015 9:59 pm

do me a favor and post a picture....then look through the gallery of other photos

you just have to keep going, try routines for a fair bit of time, and don't give up...keep a journal and keep trying

are you seeing a derm?

and you have to confide in someone, a family member a close friend, you need someone to lean on and confide in

we all know how you feel...you aren't alone

MemberMember
(@mariac32)

Posted : 02/21/2015 9:37 pm

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I can relate to everything you wrote. It is awful being consumed by these worries and sometimes it's too hard to handle on your own. There has to be a way through this and I'll be here to talk if you ever need to.

MemberMember
(@jlopez)

Posted : 03/01/2015 9:18 am

I (and I think a lot of people on this site) can relate to this feeling.
There have been periods of my acne story where I have not been able to leave the house for weeks on end and felt depressed and unmotivated.
Acne can be an emotionally crippling disease and it is easy to isolate yourself and feel alone.

You have taken a step in the right direction posting on the site and sharing your feelings with someone.

Have you ever spoken to friends or family about this feeling?

Something I always think about when I'm feeling bad about my skin is actually something a friend said when I was younger. He had acne too, and it was something that never really occurred to me, since he was always such a happy person. But one day he opened up to me about it, and I asked him how it made him feel; his response was that he could either have acne and be depressed, sit in his room and think about it, or he could have acne and live his life, be confidant and choose to be happy with who he was.

Just remember that you aren't alone in feeling like this, and I hope that you can begin to get some of the support you need in these forums.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/10/2015 2:44 pm

You aren't alone. My skin problems seem to consume my life. It's depressing and I hate it.