Notifications
Clear all

When People Tell You That You Would Be So Attractive If You Had Better Skin

MemberMember
(@sydney13)

Posted : 02/15/2015 4:49 pm

From the minute you wake until the minute you go to sleep you feel like a robot. You feel like you go through the motions just to get through the day and then BAM you look in a mirror and you want to crawl under a rock and cry!! I have struggled with acne since I was 12 I am now 22 and still struggling but I have started Accutane so hopefully I can have the skin I've always wanted! Anyway have people ever made smart remarks about how you would be so attractive if you had better skin because I have in fact I've had family members tell me. It sucks and it hurts acne is embarrassing and traumatizing and people are cruel and judgmental!! I would love to hear if anyone else has ever had this issue or has ever felt unfairly misjudged by people because of your acne!!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/15/2015 9:23 pm

Before I got clear I have gone through a similar issue. It is tough!!! My acne flared up really bad for a few times and I would get comments like "what happened?" or "are you having an allergic reaction?". It is not nice to hear especially from family, but I try to understand that it comes from people who never really go through the kind of issue we do.

Sydney13 liked
MemberMember
(@sydney13)

Posted : 02/16/2015 12:47 pm

I totally see what your saying people who don't know yor issues personally don't truly understand so I agree!! Just curious what did you use to get your skin clear?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/16/2015 8:07 pm

I totally see what your saying people who don't know yor issues personally don't truly understand so I agree!! Just curious what did you use to get your skin clear?

I started reading out the Acne.org regimen and got interested in it. It was a rough start doing it but in a few months I was able to clear my acne and get rid of the red marks that it left behind.

Sydney13 liked
MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 02/16/2015 11:53 pm

Yeah whenever I feel judged I'll always tell myself "yeah you think I'm ugly now, but once I get clear skin we'll see who's laughing". But that day is still far from reality.. So sad

MemberMember
(@sydney13)

Posted : 02/17/2015 8:34 am

I know how you feel like in your head your thinking someday we will get the last laugh and we will be the ones looking beautiful but then you look in the mirror and all you see is your acne it can really mess with you! But have hope and know that your not alone:)

Tadamasa liked
MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 02/17/2015 2:45 pm

Really, don't feel alone, I spend so many parties being the only one people with pimples having fun all over my face (especially my right cheek, I don't know why, but they love it, me a little less haha).

So I just perfectly understand what you're all saying!

MemberMember
(@sydney13)

Posted : 02/17/2015 3:20 pm

i wish that all my friends had acne sometimes so they could understand what I go through daily but all my friends have perfect skin and its tough but I'm hoping someday itll get better you just have to have hope:)