Notifications
Clear all

Accutane-Blackhead Removal?!

MemberMember
(@l9germaine)

Posted : 02/10/2015 11:15 am

I realize that Accutane will bring everything to the surface, such as blackheads but please, is there anyway to get rid of them? They are all over the sides of my nose, middle of my chin and forehead, they're very noticeable! I know you're not supposed to pick or squeeze or irritate the skin but is there anything you can do? Are biore strips safe or no? Anyone use or do anything to help get rid of them?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 02/10/2015 12:23 pm

I realize that Accutane will bring everything to the surface, such as blackheads but please, is there anyway to get rid of them? They are all over the sides of my nose, middle of my chin and forehead, they're very noticeable! I know you're not supposed to pick or squeeze or irritate the skin but is there anything you can do? Are biore strips safe or no? Anyone use or do anything to help get rid of them?

NO NO NO do NOT use Biore strips. They are really not the best thing to use in any case, but your skin is incredibly fragile on accutane and the strips will almost certainly rip your skin off. I would suggest using a wash cloth to VERY VERY gently exfoliate once or twice a week at the most. It is weird and uncomfortable and first - but they will start popping out on their own and soon they will begin to resolve without intervention. If they don't, talk to your derm about it at your next appointment. He might be willing to extract the extra stubborn ones for you safely.

MemberMember
(@l9germaine)

Posted : 02/10/2015 1:18 pm

Thanks for the advise. I noticed that you're using la roche? how are the products? Would you recommend their makeup or anything other makeup?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@coffeegirl30)

Posted : 02/10/2015 2:30 pm

I know you're not supposed to, but I was desperate when my blackheads popped out, and tried this http://www.decleor.co.uk/phytopeel-exfoliating-cream
for the first time, and my sensitive skin actually tolerated it, and now I've been using this every second week for my time on accutane (I'm soon on my three month mark). It's a cream you put on the skin, then wait for it to dry before you gently rub it off. Much more gentle than a peeling with "things" in..... . But hey; since we're not supposed to do peelings on this treatment I can't actually recommend it, just tell you that my skin, which was SO sensitive before tane, like this one.

MemberMember
(@hmkalr)

Posted : 02/24/2015 9:05 am

I hated when this happened. It happened to me in my second week of Accutane, and I am now about to start my fifth week. After the second week though, basically ALL my black heads and clogged pores went away. My face hasn't been too dry or sensitive really at all (mostly just my lips). But I still wanted to use something pretty gentle, so what I used to get rid of them was a raw honey and brown sugar scrub (I just used about a tablespoon of each and mixed them together, VERY gently rubbed my face with it, didn't scrub hard, and left it on for about 5 mins and washed it off). After that they just started coming out, and my face has never felt so soft before. I was sitting there and sort of rubbed my cheek right beside my nose and they just kind of started coming out (kinda gross, I know). After that I did the scrub a few more times and they all disappeared. Now all I have are some pretty enlarged pores on the sides of my nose where the clogs used to be, but at least they aren't full of junk anymore. I never knew how many clogged pores I had until Accutane caused them to come out. Since then, my whole face has cleared A LOT and I'm only a month in, but I think I have just been really lucky (minimal side effects and clearing really fast). If your skin is SUPER sensitive like most people get on Accutane then I don't know how your skin would react to this exfoliation. It is very gentle, but I guess technically you still aren't supposed to exfoliate on Accutane period...Hope this helps.(: