Notifications
Clear all

Tca Cross?

MemberMember
(@konkon13)

Posted : 02/01/2015 4:58 pm

I am interested in doing the tca cross scar treatment at home. I haven't found much information about it online. I was wondering if anyone knows how exactly to do tca cross?

Any links or videos would really help me and anybody else interested in doing tca cross at home.

Are some scars too big to do tca cross on?

What size are scars supposed to be to do tca cross on?

MemberMember
(@clukey)

Posted : 02/02/2015 11:34 pm

dont do it at home. Find a doctor

MemberMember
(@miswha_)

Posted : 09/12/2016 4:19 am

Hi everyone, I have a number of scars on my forehead from an infection which include large boxscar and deep ice pick. I have literally tried everything including peels, derma fillers, derma rolling derma punch and I was about to try the C02 lazer when I came across the postings on here regarding TCA cross. So im here to tell you about my experience. After reading a lot about the method I searched to see if the treatment is available in the UK - it is but very expensive and a long distance away from my home, so I decided to bite the bullet and do it at home. You have to be careful where you buy the TCA from, I bought from Etsy 100%. I bought tooth picks, alcohol wipes as advised on other forums. One thing when searching around I really couldn't find out was how to treat larger scars. I therefore decided to try first on just one ice pick scar between my eyes as an experiment.

Firstly you have to be VERY careful with the acid, its very strong stuff. You also have to be precise. Alotof people recommend having a neutraliser on hand such as baking soda and gloves. Wipe the scar with the alcohol wipe to remove any oil (this stops the acid from working properly) and very carefully dip the tooth pick in the acid. Press the tip of the tooth pick into the scar - it should go white. Don't do any more than this, just see how your skin reacts over the next 2 - 3 weeks. You will notice the healing process and understand how the whole thing works without "doing your whole face"!!!! After about 3 weeks I did the same thing again on the same scar, and again 3 weeks later. It is about 60% improved so far.

The last time I decide to do more scars - particularly the large boxscar which is on my forehead. The method I used was to put the acid on the base of the tooth pick and move the tooth pick around the scar avoiding the edges ( by edges I mean the walls of the scar). all of the base went white.; I am a week in now and it is already starting to heal and looking a lot better.

At no point have my scars looked significantly worst - though I definitely suggest tackling one or two at a time so that you can monitor the whole process.

Its definitely the best method I have found for reducing individual scars but I think you do have to be very careful with what you are doing as the potential for harming your self is there!

Good Luck!