Notifications
Clear all

Bad Initial Breakout On Accutane

MemberMember
(@redsweater)

Posted : 01/27/2015 2:45 pm

Hi,

This is day 21 of my Accutane treatment and my skin is looking the absolute worst it has ever looked. I had no idea the initial breakout would be this terrible. Any words of wisdom? How much longer do I need to endure this? It is terribly embarrassing and I am having the worst time showing my face.

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/27/2015 7:49 pm

When I had my 1st round of Accutane, I had to go to work and school with that initial breakout.

I'm female and wear makeup, but it looked horrible over the breakout. I discovered Nexcare bandaids. They're really sticky all the way around.

Not like regulat bandaids that lift up in the middle.

Anyway, i wore those bandages 3 and 4 at a time, just to save people from having to look at me.

Some people, I told them I was on Accutane, and others,

I just told them I was having procedures done by a dermatologist. Most people let it go, but if they asked if it was cancer, I'd say I hope not!

For some stupid reason, I was fine with people thinking I may have cancerous legions on my face, but a cyst or a pimple? There's too much SHAME in that for me.

My bandage trick helped me a lot because I would basically see the same people over and over, so I only had to explain it once.

I don't know if you're as desperate as me, but keep it in mind.

Hang in there. Soon you will look and feel GREAT!

Dana

MemberMember
(@thumbsdown)

Posted : 01/27/2015 9:25 pm

I'm going through the same thing. The initial breakout started on day 7. I woke up to around 5 large white pustules on one side of my mouth/chin and 2 on the other and it only got worse from there. I'm on day 11 now and it's still bad. I've already missed 3 days of work and I don't plan on going back until next week.

What has helped is applying a bit of BP once a day. To avoid over-drying/irritation I spot treat with such a little amount it almost seems like not enough but it seems to be working. Pustules only last a day or two before drying out or popping on their own. Unfortunately new ones appear everyday.

Staying home has also helped me. I'm not tempted to pop, I can just relax and hopefully wait this out. There's no way I can go to work with multiple pustules clustered around my mouth/chin, nevermind what's happening on my cheeks. If I had to work I'm sure the stress would make it even worse.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@redsweater)

Posted : 01/29/2015 6:49 pm

thanks guys. my face hurts when I smile or talk. Yesterday I cried for an hour. First time ever crying over my acne. I don't know if it is because I feel so ugly or because Accutane is doing a number on me with the emotional side effects. I just cannot wait for this to be over. I feel like the ugliest biggest loser person on the planet.

MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 02/01/2015 5:20 pm

my face hurts too when I smile and talk, just keep moisturising it I find it helps take the pain away slightly, you're not the ugliest biggest loser on the planet, trust me, don't say that about yourself!! just think about the end of the treatment when all your acne goes away and you never have to deal with it again !! :D

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 02/01/2015 5:26 pm

It could be a little of both...I have been crying more lately as well

tane makes me feel lethargic so that plus extra breakouts has made me feel spent

Ive also been spotting with 2.%% bp a tiny bit 1-2 x a day