Notifications
Clear all

Heart And Eye Problems

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 01/22/2015 10:19 pm

Hey guys just seeking some advice and help from people with experience :) im 17 years old.

im on my second accutane course at the moment. my first one was 20mg/day for 12 months. i then had a 3 month break, acne came back, now im 2 months in my second course doing 20mg/day again. it has worked a treat, my skins perfect. but in the past 4 weeks i have noticed slight heart palpatations and arythmia 24/7... and my vision feels slightly dreamy and blurry haha.

i didnt notice these symtoms at all during my first course and am kind of worried ! :P

should i discontinue my course?? help please :)

MemberMember
(@tfios22)

Posted : 01/23/2015 11:13 pm

Hey guys just seeking some advice and help from people with experience im 17 years old.

im on my second accutane course at the moment. my first one was 20mg/day for 12 months. i then had a 3 month break, acne came back, now im 2 months in my second course doing 20mg/day again. it has worked a treat, my skins perfect. but in the past 4 weeks i have noticed slight heart palpatations and arythmia 24/7... and my vision feels slightly dreamy and blurry haha.

i didnt notice these symtoms at all during my first course and am kind of worried !

should i discontinue my course?? help please

Heart palpitations, arrhythmia, and blurry vision do not sound good. You need to stop taking accutane as of right now and inform your dermatologist immediately. If you still have the heart palpitations or if they get worse get immediate medical attention! You did say you've been experiencing an abnormal heart beat 24/7, so you should definitely stop the accutane!

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 01/24/2015 4:15 am

Hey guys just seeking some advice and help from people with experience im 17 years old.

i didnt notice these symtoms at all during my first course and am kind of worried !

should i discontinue my course?? help please

Heart palpitations, arrhythmia, and blurry vision do not sound good. You need to stop taking accutane as of right now and inform your dermatologist immediately. If you still have the heart palpitations or if they get worse get immediate medical attention! You did say you've been experiencing an abnormal heart beat 24/7, so you should definitely stop the accutane!

ive made an appointment with my derm in 6 days, im going to get some advice from them. the heart palpatations and arythmia have been present for a while and have not worsened, so im thinking thats not a real concern, as it will just go away after the course. but the blurry vision is starting to worry me!

MemberMember
(@username11342)

Posted : 01/24/2015 5:29 pm

Stop taking it right away. It's not worth it

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 01/24/2015 6:03 pm

im stopping today.. but what am i gonna do then :/ my acne will just come back :( should i organise a plan with my derm so i can finish the course slowly. like 20mg every 3 days or so.

im so healthy and fit, i eat organic 24/7. no wheat, dairy sugar. all raw and clean, so im baffled that my bodys reacting so badly to such a low dose

MemberMember
(@username11342)

Posted : 01/24/2015 10:38 pm

im stopping today.. but what am i gonna do then :/ my acne will just come back should i organise a plan with my derm so i can finish the course slowly. like 20mg every 3 days or so.

im so healthy and fit, i eat organic 24/7. no wheat, dairy sugar. all raw and clean, so im baffled that my bodys reacting so badly to such a low dose

I've spent around 11 years trying different treatments before accutane. I took accutane for a very short period and now have erectile dysfunction and constant ringing in my ears. I'm now using a topical that works very well. PM me for the website.

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/26/2015 11:54 am

Lots of people take a very low dose for the entire treatment so yes, going to a low dose for the remainder of your course could be an option.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 01/28/2015 6:46 am

hmm weird.. went and got my eyes checked and i have perfect vision.. my heart symptoms have cleared after stopping for 4 days. but it still feels like i have a foggy brain :/

i did MDMA 2 weekends ago, so that might be related, but ive never had a foggy brain after mdma use. should i continue accutane treatment?

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/07/2015 1:45 am

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :( MY VISION IS SO STATICY.. AND I HAVE BRAIN FOG

MemberMember
(@thesmallthings)

Posted : 02/18/2015 7:08 am

bump

update: static vision is still the same.. if not worse