Notifications
Clear all

Yellow Crust On Pimple, On My Nose? Please Advise

MemberMember
(@london862)

Posted : 01/22/2015 8:39 am

Hello guys. I got quite a large, red pimple show up on my nose a few days go, yesterday I tried to pop it as the white was visible but it mostly bled so I stopped. Today I woke up to see the pimple covered in two small yellow crust. The pimple stings a bit when I wake up or touch it and I can hear my pulse in the pimple before going to bed as well but during day nothing.

What's the meaning of the crust and what can I do for this to go away quicker? Or will it go away by itself? I have attached a picture of my nose if it helps, but your welcome not to click it (it's gorss sorry) Thanks.

post-446916-0-42245600-1421933925.jpg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/22/2015 9:13 am

Hm....to me this looks a bit like a mild staph infection. Google staph infections and you can pull up images and judge for yourself. Pretty common but you will want to treat it pronto. Pick up some antibiotic ointment at your local drugstore, like Neosporin. Maybe even talk to a pharmacist while you're there, see what they advise. Clean the area with a warm cloth, pat dry, apply the antibiotic ointment, and then cover with a Band-Aid. Keep the area clean and keep treating until it goes away. If the infection spreads or gets worse and very painful to the touch, feels hot, then see your doctor right away. (BTW, googled all this info for you, you can verify and/or talk to the pharmacist)

Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out.

london862 liked
MemberMember
(@london862)

Posted : 01/22/2015 12:20 pm

Ok thanks for your help. Just a quick question but how long do I keep the Band-Aid on and how often do I apply the ointment? Thanks.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/22/2015 1:02 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't know that, not a doctor haha. That would be a good question for the pharmacist. If you already have antibiotic ointment in your medicine cabinet, I would imagine applying the ointment and changing the Band-Aid once or twice a day at most would be enough. I would keep the wound covered most of the time, especially overnight, maybe let it breathe for short periods each day so the dry air can get at it. Avoid touching it a lot and if you must, use clean, sanitized hands to avoid spreading the infection. Try googling and see what you can find, or ask a pharmacist.

I'm sure you'll heal in no time! :)

MemberMember
(@london862)

Posted : 01/22/2015 4:08 pm

Ok thanks so much! ^^

MemberMember
(@eruiz710)

Posted : 02/04/2015 3:07 pm

I have never heard of staph infection on the nose, usually it starts inside the nose and becomes extremely painful. What you have looks to me like a couple whiteheads. When I get whiteheads they usually look like that but it looks like you have a couple (at least it's my opinion) if this does persist and it is painful I would see a doctor because if it is a staph infection you probably need antibiotics.

Goodluck

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 02/10/2015 11:45 pm

i would use warm compress on that. When you attempted to pop it and got no gunk out (but blood instead) you made that pimple into an open wound of sorts. That wounds natural response is to create a crust (protective layer) to protect it from outside bacteria.

I recently had a huge pimple that would not budge and attempted to pop and ended exactly like that.

What I did was to warm compress the pimple for 10 minutes on and off ... then witch hazel to kill any wandering bacteria.

After all that I put a small dollop of neosporin and covered it up with a bandaid overnight. The bump decreased completely but still had to deal with the wound.

The after care:

I used some aloe vera gel (straight from the plant) and placed a good dollop on it and let it stay for 3 hours and then wash it off (did it for 2 days). The thing is you need to keep it moist in order to prevent major scarring. within 2 days the protective layer fell off on its own and all i have is some pink-ish pigmentation mark to deal with.

granted it is not perfect but considering i did a goof up and attempted to pop it and made it worse...this was my healing regimen.

Now I am not telling you to do it, but im letting you know what I did.

(no way do i give the okay to pop a pimple, always try to avoid that please).