Notifications
Clear all

Creatine And Acne?!

MemberMember
(@snoopdog5566)

Posted : 01/21/2015 10:28 pm

I'm a 14 year old white male, with semi mild acne. I have been lifting for the past 8 months, but mainly taking it seriously these past 3 months. I've made a LOT of gains in muscle, and wanted to make even more. I looked into protein powder and creatine supplements. The protein powder is fine for my face, but I bought these "Six star nutrition Creatine X3 elite series" PILLS(not the powder) I have only taken them for 2 days, and that was 2 weeks ago. I noticed a huge difference in my muscle endurance, but I also developed 2 big cysts. I couldn't tell if it was just a coincidence, but your feedback would be great. I'm hoping I could start taking them again.

Short version: does creatine (specifically the pill form) affect acne?

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/21/2015 11:07 pm

holy shit, nigga, you are already on creatine? I heard thats real bad on growing boys. When I was 14, I was into lifting, too. I almost got on creatine when I was 13, but decided not to when I realized it could stunt my growth. I was also worried about penis size.

As far as acne goes, I looked up the ingredients and a lot of those are potential acne aggravators. It also said "not intended for people under 18." So if it is affecting your growth, it can definitely be affecting your acne as well. Your body may even be spazzing out and creating more acne because of ghe creatine affects.

I'm not tryina be a hard ass and tell you to get off creatine, cuz i grew it up with kids on steroids, and 10 year olds with six pack abs, and all sorts of crazy stuff. But I'm curious, did you have to get some adult to get it for you? My dad almost put me on it, but I cant remember if he had to buy it for me.

MemberMember
(@snoopdog5566)

Posted : 01/22/2015 12:46 am

holy shit, nigga, you are already on creatine? I heard thats real bad on growing boys. When I was 14, I was into lifting, too. I almost got on creatine when I was 13, but decided not to when I realized it could stunt my growth. I was also worried about penis size.

As far as acne goes, I looked up the ingredients and a lot of those are potential acne aggravators. It also said "not intended for people under 18." So if it is affecting your growth, it can definitely be affecting your acne as well. Your body may even be spazzing out and creating more acne because of ghe creatine affects.

I'm not tryina be a hard ass and tell you to get off creatine, cuz i grew it up with kids on steroids, and 10 year olds with six pack abs, and all sorts of crazy stuff. But I'm curious, did you have to get some adult to get it for you? My dad almost put me on it, but I cant remember if he had to buy it for me.

Oh damn I didn't know about that many bad side effects. I definitely don't want to stunt my growth, I'm hoping to reach a little over 6 feet lol. And my parents were kind of against it, but I kept asking and they finally bought me some. But I bought it with my own money by myself if that's what you're wondering.

I feel like it definitely affects acne, but at least studies show(unless I'm loading up on crazy amounts daily) it won't affect my penis size (lol) but I have heard it does play into ruining you're growth. So I probably will lay off it until I'm older and done growing

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@mrbushido)

Posted : 01/26/2015 12:36 am

Creatine has been shown to increase DHT levels significantly in studies. If you have hormonal acne, the increase in DHT is most likely what is giving you more acne (it is one of the main acne culprits in males).