Notifications
Clear all

Aha Question

MemberMember
(@creamymustard212)

Posted : 01/09/2015 5:21 pm

I use Dan's Aha + nightly, as I've found that after the first few applications it hardly stung at all. I was just wondering if it's safe to use it so frequently, or if I should cut down. I've never had much success with aha - in fact I think it's making my skin more red, it never helped with flaking, and it doesn't seem to be helping with redmarks. Although, I thought it would compensate for the change in my Bp schedule, since I'm now only using that in the morning to combat flakiness. Is it necessary that I use aha some frequently? And is it potentially damaging to the skin?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/09/2015 7:13 pm

The redness may be an indication that you're using too much, so I would suggest diluting it with Dan's moisturizer. Do a 50/50 mix of AHA+ and Dan's moisturizer, see if this helps the redness. Dan recommends diluting the formula for daily use, or using 1-2 times a week in place of your moisturizer. You will definitely want to use a noncomedogenic sunscreen if spending a significant amount of time in the sun, as this product does increase sun sensitivity. My son is using AHA+ mixed with Dan's moisturizer every other day (for about 2 weeks now) and we've seen an improvement with the red marks. Give it time...everyone's red marks are different and some people heal faster than others.

Hope this helps! :)