Notifications
Clear all

Scabs And Craters Healing

MemberMember
(@spatzi23)

Posted : 01/07/2015 8:29 am

Hi all -

I have a question about healing a pimple that really got out of hand. Exactly a week ago, I noticed that a small whitehead above my eyebrow was beginning to grow in size. By the next day, it had turned in a large, tender and painful pimple without a whitehead. All there seemed to be was clear liquid on the surface, almost like a blister. I tried putting heat and spot treatment gel on it for 2 nights but it only got worse. I attempted to pop it - I know, a terrible habit! - and ended up scraping a chunk of skin off, but I think all the gunk underneath was extracted in the process.

For the past 4-5 nights, I've been loyally applying aloe vera gel (which I've always had great results with in the past) along with Scar Zone treatment cream with a small band-aid over top. However, I haven't noticed much improvement. I don't have a 'scab' per se, but a crater that isn't decreasing in size or doing much else, despite my efforts. I can tell it's still healing from the tenderness of the skin around it, but I still hoped that by now, a week later, the crater would at least be cleaner looking and easier to cover up and manage.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations of something else to put on it overnight? I went through a similar ordeal in October, but a week in and the crater was already beginning to fill in and look much better. I'm beginning to feel pretty helpless and hopeless about this one, even though I know in time it'll heal.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/07/2015 5:54 pm

A true indented crater is an acne scar. If I were you i'd go to a dermatologist to check it out. A young fresh crater wont necessarily heal with any topical per se but will slightly get better with time. If you are lucky it will heal completely (fill in) if not, it will need intervention with tools such as laser, needles & fillers.