Notifications
Clear all

Should I Just Give Up

MemberMember
(@321florida)

Posted : 12/25/2014 4:16 am

I have done so much to try and lessen my scars. I started with DOT laser therapy about 3 years ago. Then did 3 Fraxel rejuvenation sessions. And just 2 weeks ago I did Fraxel C02 laser on high settings with two passes. I had about an 8 day down time. My skin is still a little pink. Here is the before, during, and after pictures of my procedure. "After" being 14 days later. I don't know whether I should give up and stop spending so much money on these treatments. I feel as if I've had no improvement at all. I'm a college student and it's very hard for me to fund and have the down time for things like this. But I'm so depressed over these scars and I just don't know what to do anymore. Am I just doomed forever? Should I just accept this condition and move on with my life already? It's killing me to not have a smooth face, I don't have any confidence. Help.

post-431531-0-22223900-1419498308_thumb.

post-431531-0-45879000-1419498320_thumb.

post-431531-0-22480700-1419498334_thumb.

MemberMember
(@noobischernoob)

Posted : 12/25/2014 4:31 pm

First things first, from what i know 2 weeks are not nearly enough to judge results on a laser treatment. Second a combination of treatments is usually the more effective way, so maybe you want to look into subcision or fillers. Note that i do not have any experience in those treatments myself so talk it over with a few dermatologist to get different opinions. Maybe check out "Ashley James" on youtube he has had great results over time. Its to early to give up!

I honestly do not see it doing all that much but every improvement is better than none, so micro needling might be an option as well and a cheap one if done at home.

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 12/25/2014 8:50 pm

Your scars look like the type that would benefit more from subcision as opposed to laser

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 12/25/2014 11:38 pm

i think for u a recell/fraxel combo or stem cell fat graft with celution is the way to go..unfortunately they're not approved in the states yet

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 12/26/2014 12:47 am

I would definitely do Subcision + Laser or Filler combo for your next treatment if this treatment doesn't suffice.. Your scars are rolling type. They are not defined enough for them to be Boxcar scars and those definitely do improve with a laser resurfacing laser.

Fraxel is useless, especially for this type of scarring! Don't even consider that as a treatment. You would have gotten same or even better results with @ home microneedling ever 1-2 months

Who was your doctor that recommended Fraxel?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/26/2014 4:47 am

they're not even that bad dude..

MemberMember
(@321florida)

Posted : 12/26/2014 4:58 pm

First things first, from what i know 2 weeks are not nearly enough to judge results on a laser treatment. Second a combination of treatments is usually the more effective way, so maybe you want to look into subcision or fillers. Note that i do not have any experience in those treatments myself so talk it over with a few dermatologist to get different opinions. Maybe check out "Ashley James" on youtube he has had great results over time. Its to early to give up!

I honestly do not see it doing all that much but every improvement is better than none, so micro needling might be an option as well and a cheap one if done at home.

You're right. I'll have to wait another 2 months to see the end result. I just was so quick to get discouraged when I saw no change after all the down time and money spent. And I forgot to add that subcision was done aswell. I will defiantly update this thread in a couple of weeks with a new photo of the progress. Thanks for the advice!

I would definitely do Subcision + Laser or Filler combo for your next treatment if this treatment doesn't suffice.. Your scars are rolling type. They are not defined enough for them to be Boxcar scars and those definitely do improve with a laser resurfacing laser.

Fraxel is useless, especially for this type of scarring! Don't even consider that as a treatment. You would have gotten same or even better results with @ home microneedling ever 1-2 months

Who was your doctor that recommended Fraxel?

No doctor recommended it to me. It was more of just my choice type of thing, but now I know better. I wish I would have posted pictures and asked for recommendations before I went forward with the procedure. I think my next step is going to be the micro needling like you said or a derma stamp. Not sure if there's a difference between the two or which one is better for my scaring. I'm going to do a lot of homework on that. I know its much more inexpensive and the down time is not as bad so I can just do it on the weekends.