Notifications
Clear all

Want To Start Dermarolling, Need Advice First.

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 12/22/2014 2:08 am

I have various scarring on one of my cheeks and was looking into dermarolling, I have some small ice picks and a depressed scar on the cheek. I also have a pretty deep boxcar scar but i'm not expecting the dermaroller to actually help that. I also recently got filler for the depressed scar and it's definitely helped leveling it out but is it safe to dermaroller after getting filler?

Anyways that's all the information about my scars. If I do start what size of needle should I use? Everyone seems to say it wont be worth it unless your using 1.5 but since it would be my first time I would be little wary. Would a 1.0 do any good? And lastly do these things actually work? What I hear about them seems to make sense but hearing some actual testimonials would be great. Any other information you have feel free to include. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/22/2014 7:37 am

smart to go slow, start with a 1.0...definitely, then once you know what you are doing move up

I use a dermastamp as my rolling scars are concentrated

I've heard mixed reviews about rolling after fillers...but with a 1.0 you are probably safe, just wait a couple weeks

clean everything, sterile skin, fresh roller and go to the owndoc.com site for great detailed directions....at 1.0 you can practice every week or 10 days...go slow and once you have it down pat move up to the 1.5

but be very careful, if you reuse the roller, please pay close attention to the directions on the owndoc site about sterilizing between uses - I use the copper peptides on their site directly after then a few hours after that I apply taz cream now .05...but my skin is very tough

good luck to you- I've been stamping for years and it definitely works, but the progress is slow but undeniable...and cheap! I've only used the roller a few times, then realized it would be so much easier to stamp, for me anyway.

MemberMember
(@uglystephanieplum)

Posted : 12/22/2014 9:24 am

I don't get. I am young and also have ballpoint scars, I have seen dermarollers on Instagram, but they didn't include in their advertisement those needle sizes. Is that expensive? I mean I am in Philippines and maybe we are way back as always delayed so enlighten me.

I hope I can hear more feedbacks and stories.

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 12/22/2014 2:01 pm

smart to go slow, start with a 1.0...definitely, then once you know what you are doing move up

I use a dermastamp as my rolling scars are concentrated

I've heard mixed reviews about rolling after fillers...but with a 1.0 you are probably safe, just wait a couple weeks

clean everything, sterile skin, fresh roller and go to the owndoc.com site for great detailed directions....at 1.0 you can practice every week or 10 days...go slow and once you have it down pat move up to the 1.5

but be very careful, if you reuse the roller, please pay close attention to the directions on the owndoc site about sterilizing between uses - I use the copper peptides on their site directly after then a few hours after that I apply taz cream now .05...but my skin is very tough

good luck to you- I've been stamping for years and it definitely works, but the progress is slow but undeniable...and cheap! I've only used the roller a few times, then realized it would be so much easier to stamp, for me anyway.

Thanks! will definitely start at 1.0 and the fillers are about 5 weeks old now will probably start sometime after Christmas. Also what do the copper peptides do? And do you have any recommendations on rollers?

I don't get. I am young and also have ballpoint scars, I have seen dermarollers on Instagram, but they didn't include in their advertisement those needle sizes. Is that expensive? I mean I am in Philippines and maybe we are way back as always delayed so enlighten me.

I hope I can hear more feedbacks and stories.

The dermarollers come in various sizes and they aren't too expensive usually, you can find different types of rollers with various sizes for around 15-50 dollars.

MemberMember
(@uglystephanieplum)

Posted : 12/22/2014 3:09 pm

Thanks @Fork889:)

When you start using it tell us if it is worth it.