Notifications
Clear all

Hyperpigmentation Help

MemberMember
(@mooshie)

Posted : 12/17/2014 5:13 pm

Hello loves.
I've been a member of this website for over a year and I've spent most of that time reading and experimenting on my skin based on what I've read,
I've recently come to a point where my skin is very close to being clear and my only real issue is hyperpigmentation,
I know it will not go away overnight. I know it might take time to find the right product for me.
I know all of this and I'm willing to work.

With all of that being said, I'm looking for products much like a serum.
Something like a gel or an oil or a moisturizer that I could use at night.
I'd prefer drugstore brands, but I'm open to higher end options.
I tried an Aveeno night cream for awhile and at first it definitely helped.
My skin looked smoother and less splotchy. I just feel like now it's not doing much anymore.
I would repurchase it and I'm almost done with the one I have now, but I want to try something else.

Just a reminder, I mainly have hyperpigmentation and I have some small indented scars from picking at cysts and things.
Nothing major, but some definite scarring. I know this will not necessarily go away with creams and such.

Thank you all so much for your help.
I have been inspired by many of you and uplifted by many posts and responses to those posts.

Peace. Love. Sunshine.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@rachelovesb)

Posted : 04/30/2016 6:07 pm

Hi!
I have the same problem with my skin. Tomorrow I'll start the regimen but a product I heard a lot about and I'm gonna try is the kiehl's clearly corrective dark spot solution. I have read a lot of good things about it. I think you should give it a try

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 04/30/2016 8:08 pm

On 12/16/2014 at 5:13 PM, mooshie said:

Hello loves.
I've been a member of this website for over a year and I've spent most of that time reading and experimenting on my skin based on what I've read,
I've recently come to a point where my skin is very close to being clear and my only real issue is hyperpigmentation,
I know it will not go away overnight. I know it might take time to find the right product for me.
I know all of this and I'm willing to work.

With all of that being said, I'm looking for products much like a serum.
Something like a gel or an oil or a moisturizer that I could use at night.
I'd prefer drugstore brands, but I'm open to higher end options.
I tried an Aveeno night cream for awhile and at first it definitely helped.
My skin looked smoother and less splotchy. I just feel like now it's not doing much anymore.
I would repurchase it and I'm almost done with the one I have now, but I want to try something else.

Just a reminder, I mainly have hyperpigmentation and I have some small indented scars from picking at cysts and things.
Nothing major, but some definite scarring. I know this will not necessarily go away with creams and such.

Thank you all so much for your help.
I have been inspired by many of you and uplifted by many posts and responses to those posts.

Peace. Love. Sunshine.

We have the same problem and sadly no the indented scars (Ice pick scars) don't go with creams. They reduce with TCA peel treatments. You have to see a dermatologist for professional help.

MemberMember
(@michelleneko357)

Posted : 05/18/2016 11:52 pm

I've had hyper pigmentation like you. The best way to treat it for me though is to use natural home remedies. One of the treatments I used was banana peels. They do wonders to fade dark spots.

1. After eating a banana, remove the peel.
2. Gently rub the peel around your problem areas.
3. Continue for a little longer, it may sting a little but it's worth it.
4. Let the banana lay onto your skin for about a minute, then take it off.
5. Don't wash it off until 10 minutes to let the banana's nutrients sink in.
6. Now wash it off, your skin should have a little less brown spots than before.

After a few tries, my skin looked better. Also, you can get a couple of cheap creams at Walmart. I read online that it takes 3-6 months for hyper pigmentation scars to fade, unless you happen to have stubborn skin, then it would take longer. To speed up the process, wear a sunscreen SPF 30+ with vitamin C. Sun exposure can make your dark spots darker. Don't worry though, your hyper pigmentation will fade eventually, just takes a little while. Hope you the best of luck! ^_^