Notifications
Clear all

Replacement Treatment For Bp

MemberMember
(@ceb49002)

Posted : 12/11/2014 6:32 pm

So I love the acne.org regimen. My face is totally clear. The only problem I have after all these years, is the fact that my face is never as tan as the rest of my body. I'm wondering if there is an all over acne treatment as good as BP, but doesn't bleach the skin? I'm willing to try anything. I just want to keep my acne from coming back, but still have a tan face. But if there's nothing better then I'll gladly stick with BP.

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 12/12/2014 3:18 pm

My skin is oily, so I switched to a BHA exfoliant (if your skin is dry, AHA is probably better) and I'm in the clear, but this change has to be gradual, you have to ween yourself out of BP instead of cutting it abruptly, otherwise you may get a huge break out.

My BP dosage decrease went something like:

Twice a day -> once a day -> once every two days -> every three days -> every four days

And so on until I stopped using it completely, but each of thise stages needs at least a week, to make sure your skin is using the decreased amount of BP efficiently. Along the way you may get one or two pimples but they will pass quickly as long as you dont touch them.