Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid Peel While On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@sarahhh3)

Posted : 12/13/2014 4:51 am

Hey everyone!

So I've been on the regimen for almost a month now, and my acne has been doing a lot better already My question is, will I be jeopardizing my clearing skin if I go off of the regimen for a week to do a salicylic acid peel? I've heard some great things about chemical peels and I really want to fade my hyper pigmentation and unclog some deep pores. I have these tiny little bumps on some parts of my skin that are just super clogged pores that have been there for months but just WONT UNCLOG OR COME TO A HEAD no matter what. They are really small but bother me a lot and i tend to pick on them in front of the mirror even though they barely show. I want my skin to be smoother and unclogged and I heard that peels can help with that. I'm in school now but I've been wanting to get a peel or two (if the first goes well) during winter break since I don't want to be peeling in public. I'm just worried it will break the pattern of the regimen.

What do you guys think? Has anyone ever tried this? Will it mess things up or is it fine? Opinions on peels in general?

Thank you so much in advance

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/13/2014 10:30 am

They recommend waiting until you are clear before introducing non-Regimen products or steps. You've only been doing the Regimen for a month which isn't that long...your skin has only just gotten used to the treatment...missing a week of treatments may affect your results. In order for things to heal as quickly as possible, the Regimen works best when followed religiously and as directed.

One Regimen step you're ready for since you're past the 4-week mark is AHA+. It's a great chemical exfoliator, helps fade hyperpigmentation, and works well along with the other Regimen products. AHA+ is used 1-2 times per week in place of the moisturizer.

Here's some links to check out:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#mistakes

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#alphahydroxy

Hope this is helpful! :)