Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Euo

Questions About Accutane?!

Hi there,

so I'm a 17 year old girl and I want to take accutane, I spoke to my dermatologist and he agreed (due to my bad and oily skin) that I should take accutane. I am not taking nor planning on taking birth control pills and I understand what the risks are and I am not sexually active in anyway and I'm not planning to be so here is my question and what I'm currently struggling with:

I have the pills and I'm supposed to be taking them like 2 weeks ago but I never did because I haven't gotten my peroid since September! And in supposed to take them after my last peroid but i never got it this month so?!?! It could be the sudden weight loss and exercises? Or the stress of school? I don't know but I just want to know if it's okay to start accutane if I didn't get my period?!?!

Sorry that this is so long but I'm just really worried and I'm not pregnant since I'm a virgin and I just don't know what to do because I want my skin cleared up ASAP! :(

Thanks for reading!

I wouldn't worry too much about the timing of your period when starting birth control. If you haven't gotten your period since September then I would just start taking the pills now. As long as you're not sexually active then it doesn't really make a difference since you're not running the risk of becoming pregnant.