Notifications
Clear all

How Long Until Accutane Is Out Of My System?

MemberMember
(@toby90)

Posted : 12/08/2014 1:37 pm

Hi guys. I'm totally new to the forum and just have a couple questions regarding Accutane usage. I did my first course in 2004 for 8 months on 20mg a day and this worked great until my acne returned in 2007. I then did a top up for 9 months and immediately after began using Retin A Micro Gel 0.04%. I've had near enough perfect skin for 4 years or so, but started to notice recently that my skin was becoming oilier and I was getting spots around my mouth and jaw area. Anyway like an idiot I decided to self medicate myself for a third time with Accutane. I know idiot. Anyway I started on 20mg a day on November 26 and stopped yesterday, as my eyes and the skin around my eyes has become quite irritable and dry so I decided it wasn't worth the risk. I'm my just curious as to how long it will take to be out of my system totally? I only took 14 tablets so I hope not too long and in a way I miss my oil cause my face is so dry. Also when can I go back to using Retin A? Any advice appreciated, thank you!

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 12/10/2014 9:11 am

A month or so for the side effects to subside.

Three to six months to Accutane be out of your system.