Notifications
Clear all

Scalp Folliculitis

MemberMember
(@puma94)

Posted : 12/05/2014 12:28 pm

Hi guys,

To avoid going on a long rant, I am going to try and keep this as short and sweet as possible...

I've been battling what I've self-diagnosed as Folliculitis on my scalp and face for 5 years now. I've seen dermatologists and have been treated with all types of oral and topical anti-biotics. During treatment, all is good - 100% clearance. After treatment, the Folliculitis comes back stronger than ever. I refuse to take more oral anti-biotics as I believe these can be very damaging over the long-term and don't offer a permanent solution, only temporary relief.

My condition is largely concentrated on my scalp, which makes this harder to treat. I have white pus-filled bumps throughout my entire scalp. They are itchy, painful, you name it. My jawline and chin have broken out pretty bad recently as well, although I can't say for sure whether what's on my face is Folliculitis or just Acne.

After spending countless hours on the forums searching for advice, I have decided to try a regimen using Hibiclens and Mandelic Acid wash, probably alternating between the two.

I am currently on day 2 of washing my face and scalp (as best I can) with Hibiclens twice a day (morning and evening) after using an exfoliating scrub on my face and normal shampoo on my head. So far I am seeing a slight glimmer of hope as I seem to be clearing up slightly and the bumps appearing less inflammated.

I just ordered a Mandelic Acid wash on Amazon which some people recommended and it should be arriving today. I will probably stick strictly to the Hibiclens for a week to better determine it's effectiveness and then start alternating with the Mandelic Acid. I will keep you posted on my progress. NOTE OF CAUTION: If you are thinking of using Hibiclens, please do your own research on it beforehand and read the warnings - Be very careful when applying it. You need to prevent getting this stuff in your eyes, ears, nostrils, mouth as it can be very damaging. Just be smart when using it and try to only use the minimum amount needed to get the job done.

If you have any advice you can share with me I would greatly appreciate it! I'll also be happy to answer any questions and provide more details regarding my story. So much for short and sweet... =p

MemberMember
(@fowler23)

Posted : 11/13/2015 6:01 pm

Hi how are you getting on with this ?

cheers

alex