Notifications
Clear all

Has Anybody Stopped Using Retinoids And Their Skin Acually Got Better?

MemberMember
(@sadmang)

Posted : 11/22/2014 11:43 pm

I'm starting to wonder if this Aczone and Tazorac is just irritating my acne more and making me break out. (I've been on them for quite some time now so it's not an initial breakout) It doesn't make my face red or peel. From the OUTSIDE it doesn't bother me one bit, I could apply it all day and it wouldn't affect me. Not that I would but I just mean it doesn't burn or do anything no matter what.

Is it possible if I stop using them and just use BP or SA that maybe my acne will get slightly better? I'm curious as to if anybody has stopped using them and the breaking out slowed down. I haven't had anything really stop my acne in a long time so I'm wondering if maybe retinoids are just making me break out more? Just a thought.

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 11/27/2014 1:01 am

How long exactly have you been on that regime?

I've been using retin a 0.05% (I don't know how that differs to Tazorac) for 11 weeks now and have experienced absolutely nothing, just as you said no redness or peeling... Say if the products were actually working, generally when people come off something that is working for them (whether its evident or not at that point), they're gonna break out. But if you haven't improved after minumum 3-4 months then its probably not gonna work any better than it already is.

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/27/2014 9:16 pm

I've been natural manuka honey for a month now, I stopped using skin care products sold in the market because I always have allergic to most of it that resulted to more breakouts. Manuka honey really helps with my cystic acne. Natural Manuka actually contains the highest levels of antibacterial properties that stop and prevent infection associated with acne.

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/01/2015 3:25 am

I used BP for so many years that i developed a resistant to it and the RetinA just irritated my skin.

My problem needed to be handled deeper, at the source, so after 15 years of suffering, i finally tried Accutane. It worked great for my case.