Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Process?

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/13/2014 4:27 pm

OKAY, so i just got back from my first blood test and the derm told me to call them tomorow to make sure it's a go. Here's my question....My derm already gave me the perscription slip..this is different then other meds ive taken in which the doc calls in the persription to a pharmacy and i go pick it up. How does this work? do i need to call the pharmacy in advance or just roll in with the script? if i just roll in with the script how long until i get the actual meds

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 11/13/2014 5:32 pm

Are you in the US? If you're in the US you should take it to your local pharmacy (call first to make sure they have the meds) and give them the prescription. They'll tell you how long they will need to fill it (depending on how busy they are). Be sure to bring your Ipledge number, they will need that.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/13/2014 5:50 pm

Are you in the US? If you're in the US you should take it to your local pharmacy (call first to make sure they have the meds) and give them the prescription. They'll tell you how long they will need to fill it (depending on how busy they are). Be sure to bring your Ipledge number, they will need that.

That's where im confused...will they fill my perscription when i call them?? even though i have the slip?

MemberMember
(@sethrose)

Posted : 11/13/2014 6:38 pm

Ah, I see your dilemma. Because usually doctors call it in, if you call it in they can't fill the prescription because some random guy called them and told them to. I would just call them, tell them what's up and they'll either tell you to bring it in, or call back your doctor.

In terms of how long it takes to get the meds, it varies by pharmacy, but accutane is pretty common so it shouldn't take too long to get, at least as I remember it.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 11/14/2014 3:53 pm

That's where im confused...will they fill my perscription when i call them?? even though i have the slip?

Hi -

You call the pharmacy before actually heading there to make sure they have the medication in stock (I guess it depends on location, there were a few times where I had to go to a couple pharmacies before I found one that actually had the medicine, so calling ahead will save you time). If they do, then you drive/ walk/ bike/ to the pharmacy and hand them the piece of paper with the prescription on it. They will fill your medication (sometimes it's an hour sometimes it's a day). When they're done, you go back to the pharmacy and pick it up. You can't call in a prescription like accutane, you have to bring the prescription (the piece of paper your doctor gave you) physically to the pharmacist.