Notifications
Clear all

The Next Step?

MemberMember
(@outbreak95)

Posted : 11/02/2014 1:56 pm

I've suffered from acne in some form for 9 years now, and I've had enough. I've tried exfoliators, tablets and creams galore but I continue to suffer. I've yet to try The Regimen- but am considering it- and am strongly against Accutane. At the moment I'm thinking of going to a dermatologist and seeing what they say, but I'm not sure how much help they'll be since I went to see one two years ago and he just prescribed me some Duac gel. It worked for a while, but didn't produce the results I hoped for and lost its effectiveness after some time.

My acne isn't the worst case ever, but I have persistent breakouts on my face, back and shoulders and I don't know where to go from here. Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/02/2014 4:22 pm

its usually always a internal problem caused by food

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/02/2014 6:24 pm

I highly recommend the Regimen...cleared me in just a couple of months! My son is on week 5 of the Reg and it's really helping. I'd also take a look at your diet and see if you can make any changes there...maybe skip the chips and soda aisle, eat more fresh fruits and veggies, make healthier choices when you dine out, drink plenty of water. Some people on here also cite a connection between dairy and acne...something to look into...

I don't blame you about Accutane...it really should be a last resort given the possible side effects. A friend of mine just quit 4 months into a 6 month course because his body couldn't handle the side effects although he did say it helped.

If you do decide to try the Reg, just be sure you follow it religiously and as written and you should see results. There's also a body acne Regimen you can follow.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and hope you'll be on the road to clear skin soon! :)

MemberMember
(@outbreak95)

Posted : 11/04/2014 5:03 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm reluctant to go onto the Regimen because I don't know how easy it would be to stick to it. I'd have to use a lot on my body so I would have to wait around with no shirt on for an hour each day and risk bleaching my clothes- my towels and bedding are already ruined because of the Duac cream.

I'm going to the doctor next week to see if I can be referred to a dermatologist again. It wouldn't hurt to change my diet either. It's pretty balanced at the moment, or at least more balanced than it's ever been, but I do drink lots of milk and wonder if that could be doing more harm than good.