Notifications
Clear all

Is There A Prescription For Me?

MemberMember
(@melxx20)

Posted : 10/17/2014 2:00 am

I am a 20 year old female and I have been to my first ever dermatologist appointment on October 3, where my doctor had prescribed me aczone gel. The only issue was my insurance doesn't cover it! And after waiting a week I was denied the gel because there are other things that my insurance covers that can "treat" me. I go back to my dermatologist on November 7 and I'm only looking for a topical from my dermatologist. I REFUSE to take any type of oral medication! I am taking probiotics and eating completely clean.

MemberMember
(@ms-mary)

Posted : 10/25/2014 3:24 am

Tretinoin .0375% or .05% pm year round and finacea gel/2%hydroquinone alternating every 4 mos. Increase dose% after u feel it's not working. Exp. 4% hydroquinone/20% azelaic gel. I like this option because I can increase the dose yearly vs switching drugs right and left...my face isn't an experiment. My skin looks immaculate. The hydroQ gets the scars and the azelaic acid maintains the results...Once u stop the hq, most people complain of skin getting darker again...that's why I alternate. Good luck