Notifications
Clear all

I May've Developed (Horizontal) White Scars After Dermaneedling? Please Help Me.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/15/2014 9:08 pm

Hello folks,

When I was 14-15 I got horrible acne and after half a year of monstrous acne I could get Accutane. My skin seamed to be fixed but after a while some "normal" acne blossed up on some of the spots where I had had acne previously. I didn't care too much about it however until now, I realised I wanted to fix this skin when I am now 22.

I have been dermastamping (dermaneedling) for 8-9 months now and I have definitely seen improvement. I have tried LED. However, the last weeks I have been testing new products because I have dry skin and developed some acne on my chin as well as to moisturize the skin.

I dermastamped the skin five weeks ago, 1.5mm on the chin and temple, 1.0cm on the forehead and this was the 2nd time I did this with these lengths. I always wait 6-8 weeks between the sessions and I'm careful to sterile the needles.

The skin was fine after the procedure and everything felt like normal. A week ago however I started noticed a few of my scars had turned white and not red/natural skin color. Over the last days I noticed more and more scars were white and I wonder if it is because they were healing and this is the real scars that has been brought up to the surface or if it was a rash reaction.

So - it feels like any of the following products might have "caused" - either the rash or if it is healing - it:

The first moisturiser which I used a couple of times was L'oreal Paris Men Expert Moisturiser Pure & Matte Anti-Shine (Three to two weeks before I noticed the white scars):
http://www.feelunique.com/p/LOreal-Men-Expert-Pure-Matte-Anti-Regreasing-Gel-50ml
Ingredients: Can't really find them anywhere

The second moisturiser which I used was Aminoderm (like two weeks before I noticed these white scars):
http://www.sr-skincare.co.uk/aminoderm-42-p.asp
Ingredients L-Glycine, L-Valinine, L-Proline, L-Lysine, L-Alinine, D-Ribose, Water, Rosewater, Glycerine, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid, Safflower Oil, Apricot Oil, Rosehip, Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Cetyl Esters, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Xanthan Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol & Salicylic Acid & Glycerin & Sorbic Acid

The third moisturiser which I used as a night cream and moisturiser was CCS Aloe Vera Gel (I started using this product like the same day as I noticed the white scarring):
Ingredients: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_b4d7160452.html

In a local forum which I read someone wrote that Phenoxyethanol may cause rashes and inflammations, he couldn't back it up though but as I began to use this gel the same day I feel a bit scared.

I have also been using this toner: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_a7a2160453.html
and everyday I use this cleanser: http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_f00e159103.html

Theories:

1. I'm starting with the sad theory: That it is a rash and a bad reaction. Earlier I had never noticed any white horizontal scars on my face, just that I had lots of acne scars there. Now however, I can see that I have 4-5 of these horizontal white scars and they are much more easy to see when I wrinkle my forehead, which can be seen in the attached pictures. Also, a red zone on my cheek has been red for - I'm not kidding - 4-5 years and the day after I began using the Aloe Vera Gel - BOOM - it turned veery white and it is still quite red around the scar. There are also some other zones that I may see are becoming white - almost all of them is where I've had old, very old acne bumps. Can it even be keloids? I feel a bit down that they are much more noticeable now when they've been transformed and are white. Earlier most of the scars were the same colour as the rest of the skin. Most of them.

2. And here's the happy theory: That the scars are actually healing, the scars in my forehead are transforming because of the needling and they've become horizontal because it is just a part of the transformation and I may keep needling them and eventually they will fade away. The Aloe vera just made your skin seriously starting to heal for real for the first time since I quit Accutane and this is how the scars would have looked anyway. Now when the white scars are more noticeable you may easier track them and can easier needle them and it is just a good sign on the track of eventually decreasing them. You've always had the scars, they are nothing new but they've just been transformed, that is all. It could even be so that I have just not seen them in that angle and when I wrinkle. And it's on the right road.

So when I look at old pictures of myself I can notice that I've had two of these white marks on my forehead but I think they were smaller and I have no memory of ever seeing them horizontal when I wrinkle my forehead. Also it seems to be 4-5 of those now. What is good is that they are not very noticeable when I have my face in a normal state but it looks weird whenever I wrinkle.

I should also note that some of my scars weren't effected at all.

So my main question to you fellows are:
1. Do you think this is good or bad?
2. Do you think I should keep needling?
3. Should I continue with the Aloe Vera Gel?
4. What would you do now if you were me?

The photos are not perfect but I think you get the idea. The photos are all taken when I'm lending my head down and wrinkle my forehead.

I would be eternally thankful if you took the time to read this and even work out a reply. I owe you one.

post-207079-0-78960200-1413424735.jpg

post-207079-0-21550800-1413424747.jpg

post-207079-0-71091500-1413424753.jpg

post-207079-0-57694700-1413424758.jpg

post-207079-0-50585000-1413424766.jpg

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 10/15/2014 9:54 pm

you have 3 topics addressing the same scars and problems. if you arnt getting the answers you want please dont create another topic.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/16/2014 3:37 am

you have 3 topics addressing the same scars and problems. if you arnt getting the answers you want please dont create another topic.

Yea, sorry for that. Can I delete the others? I felt I missed information in the others that I included here

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 10/16/2014 10:12 am

I'm not comfortable to give you advices because you are the one who will suffer the consequences if something goes wrong, not me. As I said on your other thread, I'm also becoming afraid of skin needling, but I'll give my opinion.

1. Do you think this is good or bad? Neither good nor bad. It's just part of the process. It's normal.

2. Do you think I should keep needling? Yes, you should, but if after the next one or two treatments you keep on seeing those weird things appearing, abandon skin needling.

3. Should I continue with the Aloe Vera Gel? Quit this aloe vera gel. People use many different products before and after their needling sessions. Choose one or two of the most popular ones: copper peptides, vitamin A, retin-A, vitamin C, Terproline, Amino Plex Spray.

4. What would you do now if you were me? In addition to what I wrote above, I would send a message to Sarah Vaughter (if you are a costumer) asking her opinion. Owndoc forum seems to be closed, unfortunately. Be sure your message is objective and short, and attach a picture.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/16/2014 1:33 pm

I'm not comfortable to give you advices because you are the one who will suffer the consequences if something goes wrong, not me. As I said on your other thread, I'm also becoming afraid of skin needling, but I'll give my opinion.

1. Do you think this is good or bad? Neither good nor bad. It's just part of the process. It's normal.

2. Do you think I should keep needling? Yes, you should, but if after the next one or two treatments you keep on seeing those weird things appearing, abandon skin needling.

3. Should I continue with the Aloe Vera Gel? Quit this aloe vera gel. People use many different products before and after their needling sessions. Choose one or two of the most popular ones: copper peptides, vitamin A, retin-A, vitamin C, Terproline, Amino Plex Spray.

4. What would you do now if you were me? In addition to what I wrote above, I would send a message to Sarah Vaughter (if you are a costumer) asking her opinion. Owndoc forum seems to be closed, unfortunately. Be sure your message is objective and short, and attach a picture.

Alright, so it perhaps can be Milia? I will stop using the Aloe Vera as you said and only use the cleanser two times every day. Also, do you think it is safe to needle the Milia?

http://www.vancouverpermanentmakeup.com/Blog.php/dermal-needling-gets-rid-of-milia

I read on this site that someone got rid of them that way, but I have no idea if it is, some other sources said that AHA would be good to exfoliate them away.

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 10/16/2014 4:02 pm

I had some milias after I had a laser treatment done a long time ago. They didn't look like the bumps your pictures show. Milias are round, kind of flat and we can see the white gunk inside them.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 10/16/2014 4:14 pm

I had some milias after I had a laser treatment done a long time ago. They didn't look like the bumps your pictures show. Milias are round, kind of flat and we can see the white gunk inside them.

Hmm okay.. what a mysterium.. I wonder what kind of scars these are... someone on another forum mentioned a keloid but...?

I wish I knew what kind of scars these are, they are all over my forehead and they show up as white dots until I stretch my forehead, when they are horizontal elevating.