Notifications
Clear all

Please Help. Do You Think This Will Cure My Acne Scarring? (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 10/10/2014 6:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for your time. :)

I've had these acne scars now for 9 years - I did have laser surgery on the NHS 6 years ago but they done a very poor job and made it a lot worse.

I've recently had a consultation in London and they have suggested 4 sessions with pixel laser & a filler after, as both temple areas are very indented due to loss of fat in both areas.

Total cost is just over £2000.

They also said that the NHS Doctor went in far too hard on doing just one treatment and it has actually damaged the skin around the scar, as you can see in the close up, my skin has tiny dots etc and pretty much looks melted, it's very noticeable if I sweat from exercise etc.

Has anyone ever had pixel laser surgery and fillers? Did it make a difference?

Do you think this line of treatment will work to cure my scars and the actual surrounding skin the affected areas?

Thanks for your help.

It will be greatly appreciated

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 10/10/2014 7:07 am

i think a combination treatment of recell/fraxel repair would give you tremendous improvement

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 10/10/2014 7:48 am

Ok, thanks for your response.

I may need a few more consultations from other clinics in that case to get a second opinion.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/10/2014 10:46 am

i always think subcision + fraxel repair for rolling scars

Rdnhey and missamua liked
MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 10/10/2014 6:51 pm

I've seen the best results with subcision combined with suctioning, especially for deeper scars. I don't know how easily subcision can be performed on the temples, but if you can find a doctor who is willing to do it in that area that's what I would do. Lasers can work wonders but for deeper scars it's really not worth it in my opinion as lasers need to work on a relatively smooth surface. They can also make things a whole lot worse so it's definitely a gamble. You'd probably get 30-50% at most with lasers whereas subcision + suction can yield up to 70-90% for some people. There's some amazing subcision success stories on here:

(this guy actually performed subcision on himself, which i strongly advise against, nonetheless he had good results from it so it's worth posting)

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/10/2014 7:44 pm

(Temples; (Subcision $150-200/rnd) + Suction then (TCA CROSS (Temples; Cross $150-300/rnd) 1-3 months after subcision. Few rounds 1-3 of Vbeam (Temples; $70/rnd) after recovery from Tca. Home dermarolling ($10-$50), I suggest stamping with 1.5-2.0mm every 4-6 weeks, 3-5 weeks after vbeam. Vbeam being spaced out 2-4 weeks. Prices based on San Diego, CA. NO need for ablative laser.

http://www.medicallaseronline.com/PDFs/VBeam/CLINICAL_BULLETIN_Treatment_of_Acne_Scars.pdf

+ Missa's links

$2000 for just the temples? He's fucking whack. Link me his website. If you have money, head to India and look for the best derm there, you can get treatments such and subcision and tca cross for fraction of the price (60-95% off)

ajw2s3.jpg

Those dots seem like hypo-pigmentation. Needling and ginger root application can trigger skin re-pigmentation

http://vitiligocover.com/can-you-repigment-vitiligo-using-ginger-root-update-2-video/

http://www.beautyglimpse.com/know-hypopigmented-scars-treatment-ginger/

Filler? Get subcision + filler instead if you opt for filler

I have similar temple scarring like you. I have improved mine ALOT by doing needling/stamping and 2-3 layer tca PEEL, not cross. I told my Dr, Dr.Rullan this and he smiled and said that it was okay. And then we rambled for like 30 minutes, can't wait to go back, LOL

http://drdobryrx.com/cosmetic-dermatology/micro-needle-peel-new/

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 10/11/2014 9:24 am

Guys! WOW! Thank you so much for your input and advice, it is really appreciated.

I am going to study both your comments and links - I will definitely look into other clinics who offer all the services you have listed. :)

MemberMember
(@ronron)

Posted : 10/12/2014 1:06 am

Ever thought about TCA cross? The person in the link has similar scars as yours. So think about it.

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 10/12/2014 5:10 am

Ever thought about TCA cross? The person in the link has similar scars as yours. So think about it.

I haven't, I don't know much about it but his results look great. I will do some research on it. Thank you!!! :)

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 10/27/2014 7:21 pm

Thanks again for all your input.

Following your advice I am booked in for another consultation with a different clinic who offer a lot more treatments beyond pixel laser.