Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Me. Been On Different Antibiotics For Cystic Acne 1.5 Yrs, Now Suspect I Have Yeast Or Liver Problem. Now What? How Do I Manage This?

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 10/06/2014 11:53 pm

I have candida due to a long period of antiobiotics. I am feverish, rashy, and having distinctive reactions TODAY. I just finished menstruating. I have only made the link now that these are not the usual hot flashes/tenderness.

Please do not lecture me about what to do in the next six years. I am talking about what I can do THIS MONTH I stopped taking my antibiotics this day and actually whatever has started happening has been on a lowered dose of Doxycycline from when I started.

I know I will have to stop taking antibiotics, I would like to know if anyone has decent advice to alleviate some of these symptoms NOW.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/07/2014 2:48 pm

Bizz,

This is the last time I say this, I also mentioned it on one of your posts last year (?) that mentioned antibiotics or some other medication...you have taken so many things, your stomach (esp. liver) is probably in agony and your gut flora must be completely imbalanced. In trying to fix one problem, you are causing your body unnecessary stress in other areas. Take this from someone who has tried almost everything doctors prescribed...I know what I'm talking about. I have been off meds for 6 years, and have slowly rebalanced my body and improved my digestion and other health issues. It will take time and patience, but if you are concerned about your body, then it's worth looking into the long term side effects of all those pill you have been taking over the years.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/07/2014 4:37 pm

I agree with the above poster. Even healthy supplements can tax a body that is already over taxed. I am a 3 time failure of accutane too so you may want to look into other options. Have you ever thought of trying a naturopath that is willing to send you for tests (not just muscle relax and similar tests)? It may be helpful in recommending the right things for your body.

I am in the same boat as you in regards to my skin not tolerating topicals. You've been on here a while so hoping that you find a solution soon. We all deserve that

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@tyrese21)

Posted : 10/07/2014 5:22 pm

I thought i was the only one this has happened to. I've been experiencing everything you've mentioned plus brain fog, sun damaged skin, negative changes in my mood, depression, anxiety, and became sensitive to foods about i never had a problem with in the past. I've been going through all of this for about a year and a half now. At age 16 i was put on doxy, about 2 weeks later i got put on tetracycline for roughly 1 month, then myno for a year and a half. Im 18 and feel helpless. I honestly feel like my life is over and there is nothing i can do.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/07/2014 11:21 pm

plz make an appointment with a functional medicine doctor, they'll heal your leaky gut and candida

https://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117

make sure to check box to the right so they are certified

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/08/2014 1:44 am

^^ I agree. Leaky gut and candida would be the main suspects in this case, esp. since yeast infections are occurring.

The saying all diseases begin in the gut is not random.

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 10/08/2014 1:38 pm

So I shouldn't see a gastroentoerologist?

Is there anyone on this site that actually believes in conventional medicine anymore, or is it just senior board members that scold or lost teenagers?

I can stop taking the drugs at least for a while. I feel they are no longer affecting my menstrual breakouts at all for good or bad. I am talking about what I can do to stop the feverishness and rashiness, other than Fluconozale.

MemberMember
(@germandolls)

Posted : 10/09/2014 4:38 pm

Have you tried taking any probiotics?

I'm taking doxycycline twice a day, and I take a probiotic inbetween

I mean, its worth a try...

there are also candida cleanses (renew life i believe makes a few, twinlab also has a product for yeast overgrowth..

and as far as the liver... milk thistle is really good for cleansing/detoxing the liver

MemberMember
(@tyrese21)

Posted : 10/09/2014 5:59 pm

I went and seen a GI about two months ago after having multiple tests done on me by my usual doctor, and him constantly telling me everything was fine. I knew better because i had never felt or looked so Ill before taking the antibiotics.

The GI performed an endoscopy and a colonscopy and told me that i had no real issue, but i was developing an ulcer. He did not know what from (i suspect the antibiotics for acne) , but he put me on more antibiotics to fix it. I just didn't want to take any more medicine, so i didn't. I have to visit soon for my follow up.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/10/2014 6:49 pm

PLZZZZZ do not go to a gastroenterologist plz listen to me, ALL conventional docs are useless

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 10/18/2014 1:39 pm

Have you tried taking any probiotics?

I'm taking doxycycline twice a day, and I take a probiotic inbetween

I mean, its worth a try...

there are also candida cleanses (renew life i believe makes a few, twinlab also has a product for yeast overgrowth..

and as far as the liver... milk thistle is really good for cleansing/detoxing the liver

I am off Doxycycline, took antibiotics yesterday and am breaking out in the walnut-sized pimples I usually do at this time of the month.

How long have you been on antibiotics for acne? Are you experiencing the rashiness, bloating and other symptoms I have described?

How can you tell you're not going to end up in the same boat as me (not that I want that for anyone--this is hell. I honestly can't tell if the cysts I'm seeing now are due to the usual hormonal acne the antibiotics handled well earlier, or candida, or a reaction to Fluconazole that will subside)? Are you just gambling on the fact that taking antibiotics and probotiocs will kill the acne bacteria, while protecting the acne you want to keep?

This is the problem--I do not know the difference between hormonal acne and "yeast die off" or whatever side effects I'm experiencing due to taking Fluconazole.

How will I know when I can live life again, and stop taking the anti fungal meds and probotics, or rather, that I have found a balance?

I went and seen a GI about two months ago after having multiple tests done on me by my usual doctor, and him constantly telling me everything was fine. I knew better because i had never felt or looked so Ill before taking the antibiotics.

The GI performed an endoscopy and a colonscopy and told me that i had no real issue, but i was developing an ulcer. He did not know what from (i suspect the antibiotics for acne) , but he put me on more antibiotics to fix it. I just didn't want to take any more medicine, so i didn't. I have to visit soon for my follow up.

@tyresis21:

So he had no recommendations for leaky gut, for nothing at all? No recommendations to deal with candida?

I'll be blunt--I'm in New York, I'm on a managed United Healthcare Plan through Medicaid, I am going to have a hell of a time finding an alternative doctor I can trust.

What is happening to your acne now?

MemberMember
(@strg7777)

Posted : 10/18/2014 4:14 pm

The ride never ends

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 10/19/2014 1:55 pm

Bizz,

This is the last time I say this, I also mentioned it on one of your posts last year (?) that mentioned antibiotics or some other medication...you have taken so many things, your stomach (esp. liver) is probably in agony and your gut flora must be completely imbalanced. In trying to fix one problem, you are causing your body unnecessary stress in other areas. Take this from someone who has tried almost everything doctors prescribed...I know what I'm talking about. I have been off meds for 6 years, and have slowly rebalanced my body and improved my digestion and other health issues. It will take time and patience, but if you are concerned about your body, then it's worth looking into the long term side effects of all those pill you have been taking over the years.

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

This forum is a mess. Sorry I didn't keep track of something you wrote a year ago.

Do you have actual advice on treating gut-induced acne versus hormonal acne? Part of the reason I was still on antibiotics is because it kept the ongoing hormonal acne at bay for 6 months. What triggered acne was supplements due to what I now know is allergic reactions. Now, that is happening continuously.

After stopping antibiotics, taking a probiotic capsule and going through a course of Diflucan, I have launched what appears to be a hormonal breakout that is not subsiding.

Nowhere in this forum is there a clear response on what the "better" after the "worse" portion of treatment clear is supposed to look like, or a description of distinguishing die-off from hormonal acne.

If a diet change is the only solution you've got, then I'll take it into consideration, but it'd be more helpful if you posted substantive points on a common problem on the holistic board, as well--distinguishing the limits of diet changes in treating hormonal acne from that which nutrition can control.

MemberMember
(@germandolls)

Posted : 10/19/2014 6:51 pm

well I just started taking doxy this month and I'm only on it temporarily. I honestly don't think its helping me anyway, but I always take probiotics in between my doses. I dont really know how well thats going, but I haven't had any negative side effects yet...

i get cyst like acne too on my back, which i do think is hormonal because its so much worse for that time of the month. ive been taking inositol, which while i still get break outs, i no longer get them as cysts.

theres no real "solution" because everybody is different.. what might work for me might not work for you. you need to figure out whats causing your acne. if you have a poor diet and eat a lot of junk then yeah, you need to eat more healthy and see if you have an improvement. if its worse that time of the month, you need to try something else for your hormones, like birth control pills or something to regulate hormones. it could be stress, it could be skin allergies, could even be food allergies.