Notifications
Clear all

Acne Books?

MemberMember
(@andrewdg)

Posted : 09/22/2014 10:33 pm

Hi everyone, has anyone read any useful books about acne? I can't seem to find anything out there, except for heavy medical texts. On Amazon, most e-books seem to be glorified pamphlets. Any recommendations, particularly for adult acne?

Thanks,

Andy

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/23/2014 9:49 pm

there r no useful books abt acne nd theyre all outdated by now while we all r all keeping mutating further. if ur still hving ur acne its for life.

if there is such a heavy nd elaborated studies nd knowledge on acne then why arent there such heal centres nd labs where theyre actually put in use nd examine u personaly to develop ur personal cure tht actually works based on all tht superknowledge

MemberMember
(@andrewdg)

Posted : 09/24/2014 4:49 am

Downloaded some e-books for kindle, one about adult acne is pretty good, the rest look like they were written by illiterates.

MemberMember
(@lizzyt134)

Posted : 09/25/2014 5:23 pm

I'm not exactly sure what kind of an acne book you are looking for, but "The Clear Skin Diet" is a decent book.

Some of it is common sense, but it's really about changing your lifestyle and the foods you eat to better yourself and your skin. It's not just a quick guide however, there is a lot of research and opinions about the research as well. There are also a lot of explanations on why you shouldn't eat that, or do this.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for, but it may be worth a try. And the reviews for it on Amazon are pretty favorable as well, if that makes a difference.

MemberMember
(@atomsforpeace)

Posted : 10/13/2014 9:07 pm

One acne book I read is actually good, it's called "Adult Acne - The Whole Story", which I downloaded on Amazon. What impressed me was that the guy knows his stuff and refers to real medical studies, not the usual miracle pill or food avoidance crap that people usually spout. He tells you that it will take at least 30 days to be clear too, which is true in my experience - beating acne is not an overnight thing, so if that's what you want dream on and good luck.