Notifications
Clear all

Water And Neem Miracle Cure... Until

MemberMember
(@jonahpj)

Posted : 09/21/2014 12:19 pm

hey guys,

got back from a 300 mile hike in the appalachian mountains, through all of Maine.

i am 18 years old, about to turn 19, and i still struggle with acne. most of you might say it is still normal to have it, but it is not showing signs of going away and i highly doubt one day it will just all go away magically without any kind of regimen.

When i got back i read online about a girl who drank a gallon a day for 30 days, and that it cleared her skin and made her look 10 years younger. I was intrigued, i knew that i wasn't drinking enough water and i thought maybe that was my big problem. I started drinking a gallon of water a day, (started a month ago) and within the first week i broke out. i was expecting this. second week it got better. third week, my skin looked great, i felt amazing and i could actually go out without feeling shitty about myself. (i am also taking neem leaves, 475mg two capsules three times a day)

then, about five days ago, everything started to come back, my chest is red and spotty, face looks horrible. i don't know whether i should continue with this water and neem thing or not. maybe it's the hormone cycle, i'm not sure.

Has anyone had experiences with neem not working after a certain period of time?

I'm thinking of getting neem oil and maca root to balance hormones and see if that is my issue.

Peace and love

MemberMember
(@sharongill)

Posted : 09/21/2014 1:07 pm

Well neem is a great start, I'm studying nutrition in school, and honestly anyone who says acne has nothing to do with what you eat is wrong! I took maca root and it was awesome, really balanced my hormones and gave me energy, but you wanna be careful not to take to much. I would recommend looking at your diet and what you eat. Many people don't realize they are gluten sensitive. This was the case for me i kept breaking even when i was eating healthy but included whole grains etc. So try getting off gluten. Second which changed my life and i saw results in literally 2 days, is increasing your gut flora (good bacteria in your gut). I had stopped consuming dairy products because of all the antibiotics and allergens, but i was missing out on the natural good bacteria in my gut. These lil guys are REALLY important for skin health and just having regular bowel movements. So long story here is the intestinal cleanse i did.

A few notes:

1. Kefir is a probiotic drink that doesn't produce symptoms of lactose intolerance, because the bacteria help digest the lactose in GI tract.

2. I buy my kefir from a farmers market and its made from goat milk ( if you don't have a farmers market close by, organic kefir from the grocery store will do just fine)

3. The reason why i'm not recommending probiotics in capsule form, is because they are not alive and not as effective.

Intestinal Cleanse recipe

Week 1: 1 tablespoon of flaxseed flour and 100ml of kefir

Week 2: 2 tablespoons of flaxseed flour and 100ml of kefir

Week 3: 3 tablespoons of flaxseed flour and 150ml of kefir

Do this every morning upon waking up, if you cannot find flaxseed flour, you can grind fresh flaxseed every morning. Also organic is always best.

MOD EDIT: Website address removed - due to advertising content