Notifications
Clear all

If I Get Sunburnt While On Roaccutane Will My Skin Stay That Colour

MemberMember
(@zsyed)

Posted : 09/17/2014 5:06 pm

Hi :)

I'm 15. Have been on Roaccutane for 20 days now. I have a slight peeling on my nose and dry nostrils. My moms a Dr and prescribed the roac for me. She didn't really explain the precautions etc and I went to the beach the other day and got really sunburnt. My friend said that if you get tanned while on roaccutane you will stay that colour. Is this true? Also I was very light in complexion as a child but at the moment am dark (swimming and surfing) I have indian/afghan roots. I have mild acne. Weigh 65KGS On 20mg roaccutane. heireceipt is 1.68m if that helps. don't want to get darker than I currently am as I am teased about my skin colour. Also is there any way to lighten my tanned complexion. Without the risk of hyperpigmentation. My family have skin that get burnt and thereafter stay that colour for a long time. I stay in Durban and it's really sunny and hot I have acne scars and need to know if it's possible to fade them while on roaccutane. Please help. I just want to get the depressing self consciousness period over with.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 09/18/2014 9:07 am

No,it is not true,but it will take a lot longer to heal. Wear +30 SPF when you are out in harsh sunlight for long times,it will also protect your pre-existent hyperpigmentation so it won't become darker and fade away quicker.

MemberMember
(@scubagirl)

Posted : 09/18/2014 8:26 pm

You definitely won't stay tanned....I can personally attest to that as I have no tan. I live in Hawaii and have to remember to put on copious amounts of sunscreen all the time. Sunburns take a bit longer to heal, but I put on aloe lotion all the time after being in the sun no matter what. I've gotten more freckles that I used to have before accutane. Not sure where they came from but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has a suggestion on how to reduce the pigments.