Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Month 3 Week 1 Breakingout Help

MemberMember
(@accutanelog97)

Posted : 09/15/2014 11:54 pm

I just started month 3 and im a week in. I was lowered down from 40 to 20mg and was on predisone for a week and cleared me up from those big cyst then a week later my derm put me on bactrim and ibuprofen for ilnflamtion i feel like bactrim hasnt done much but anyways i had the worst IB and its calmed down for about two weeks now all i have left is about 4 cyst or nodules idk what they are but they seem to be connecting or something its so annoying my derm sent me clindamycin 1% and 10% bp for on the spot which kinda helped but they wont go away its really annoying and today i got one around my jaw which is underground and it really hurts will clindamycin kill it i see my derm on thursday also i have these nodule/ cyst along my jaw center of it went away but like pieces of if is there like its frozen in time what should i do? Also accutsne is leaving me alot of hyperpigmentation and on one side ive been noticing indents which i neber had . Also i do moisturizer sorry for all the questions but its so tough i miss doxyciline it cleared me up so good but broke out sfter i was off

MemberMember
(@11111111111111)

Posted : 09/16/2014 8:51 am

I just started month 3 and im a week in. I was lowered down from 40 to 20mg and was on predisone for a week and cleared me up from those big cyst then a week later my derm put me on bactrim and ibuprofen for ilnflamtion i feel like bactrim hasnt done much but anyways i had the worst IB and its calmed down for about two weeks now all i have left is about 4 cyst or nodules idk what they are but they seem to be connecting or something its so annoying my derm sent me clindamycin 1% and 10% bp for on the spot which kinda helped but they wont go away its really annoying and today i got one around my jaw which is underground and it really hurts will clindamycin kill it i see my derm on thursday also i have these nodule/ cyst along my jaw center of it went away but like pieces of if is there like its frozen in time what should i do? Also accutsne is leaving me alot of hyperpigmentation and on one side ive been noticing indents which i neber had . Also i do moisturizer sorry for all the questions but its so tough i miss doxyciline it cleared me up so good but broke out sfter i was off

Hi! I'm sorry this is happening to you but I wouldn't try anything drastic just yet. Since you were on a higher dose and JUST got switched, it takes time for your body to process the medicine thus, helping the cysts to disappear. I, too, used clindamyacin and BP and it helped when using one in the AM after washing my face and one in the PM. Make sure you wait AT LEAST 10 minutes after washing your face to apply these ointments as your skin won't absorb anything when it's still wet. Maybe that should help as well. Best of luck! And keep us updated 🙂