Notifications
Clear all

Fed Up And Frustrated

MemberMember
(@inlove-x)

Posted : 09/16/2014 11:55 am

hi. Im 27 and have had acne on and off for 15 years. From age 12-16 it was severe, i wad eventually referred to a derm (im in the uk) they wanted to put me on accutane but my mum said no because she was worried about risks. So i was put on dianette which cleared me up beautifully. Iv been on dianette now for 11 years with a couple of breaks where iv had my 2 children. Dianette has mainly kept me clear but i have had loads of courses of anytibiotics over the years too when ive had bad breakouts. The beginning of this year i started to get some weird bumps on my forehead which nothing not even antibiotics have got rid of. I now also have lots of clogged pores on chin and cheeks. I have been back to the gp and they keep saying it is mild without even properly looking at my skin!

so this year my skin has got progesively worse and is so oily. Im so depressed i keep making excuses not to go out and i feel so disgusting and oily all the time. Im currently on dianette and lymecycline, my skin has never been as oily as it has been this year.

I have made an appointment with a private derm next week, do you think there is any chance he will prescribe me accutane? it is honestly affecting my life so much and i feel like this is the only thing left that can help.

my diet is really good and i dont eat diary.

Topicals have never worked for my skin but i have tried duac, differin and quinoderm all making the bumps worse. I have attached a pic of forehead, i havent taken one of chin yet. The pic doesnt even capture all the bumps there are hundreds of tiny ones :(

post-78370-0-26336500-1410886514_thumb.j

post-78370-0-20611600-1410886536_thumb.j

post-78370-0-26336500-1410886514_thumb.j

post-78370-0-20611600-1410886536_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 09/30/2014 3:09 am

Hi there!

I've been on Dianette for nearly 2 months now, just coming up to my second months 7 day break. My acne isn't severe but enough to cause my distress. Mild/moderate. So great that its worked so well for you! I've seen great things online about things getting better from here onwards, and the third month being a clear one. What kind of time scale did you see improvement on?

Also- when I went to see a private derm they said as soon as I was older (am now 19) and was to come off Dianette, due to the fact I should be coming out of this hormonal acne stage already by now they would definitely look into accutane for me as a more permanent solution as these breakouts should have subsided. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be a perfect fit for accutane :)

MemberMember
(@clear-forever)

Posted : 09/30/2014 2:28 pm

When you say your diet is good- what do you eat?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 09/30/2014 4:57 pm

My daughter had a similar problem with clogged pores covering her forehead (hundreds) and she tried everything to get rid of them (including expensive professional facials!) and nothing worked. She went to her dermatologist who prescribed Tazorac gel which is a strong retin A which promotes cell turnover. It took about 4 months but her forehead is now clear. We are in Canada so I am not sure if you have Tazorac in the UK but perhaps there is something similar.

The other thing to consider is switching to a different birth control pill as our hormones change as we get older and you may need more or less estrogen than when you were younger.

Just my opinion.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@inlove-x)

Posted : 10/09/2014 7:57 am

Thank you all for your replies. I am now on my 8th day of accutane and hoping this will clear my skin for good :)

hi. I went on dianette when i was 16 so i cant really remember but i know it cleared up pretty quickly prob 2 or 3 months. Dianette was the best thing to ever happen to my skin it was perfect for so long! Good luck and enjoy the results :) xbut

Hi there!

I've been on Dianette for nearly 2 months now, just coming up to my second months 7 day break. My acne isn't severe but enough to cause my distress. Mild/moderate. So great that its worked so well for you! I've seen great things online about things getting better from here onwards, and the third month being a clear one. What kind of time scale did you see improvement on?

Also- when I went to see a private derm they said as soon as I was older (am now 19) and was to come off Dianette, due to the fact I should be coming out of this hormonal acne stage already by now they would definitely look into accutane for me as a more permanent solution as these breakouts should have subsided. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be a perfect fit for accutane :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/09/2014 8:50 am

Thank you all for your replies. I am now on my 8th day of accutane and hoping this will clear my skin for good

hi. I went on dianette when i was 16 so i cant really remember but i know it cleared up pretty quickly prob 2 or 3 months. Dianette was the best thing to ever happen to my skin it was perfect for so long! Good luck and enjoy the results xbut

Hi there!

Also- when I went to see a private derm they said as soon as I was older (am now 19) and was to come off Dianette, due to the fact I should be coming out of this hormonal acne stage already by now they would definitely look into accutane for me as a more permanent solution as these breakouts should have subsided. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be a perfect fit for accutane

Ah perfect thank you! I'm at the beginning of month 3 now and my skin seems to be behaving beautifully well! So so so happy. Thank you for the response, hope youre accutane works well for you 🙂