Notifications
Clear all

Getting A Bit Worried Its Not A Pimple..... Cancer? Pic Included : Take A Look

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 09/15/2014 10:57 pm

To start off, i know that i should just go straight to the derm.... but im 400 miles away at the moment and can't easily take a stroll over there to get checked out.

And also i know this is just an online forum.... im asking for advice - not a cure.

But anyways,

Ive had this "pimple" for about 6-7 months.

I swear i remember it being a small whitehead... but i cant seem to remember exactly.

I also do remember it looking like a bad blackhead at one point.

Can it just be an ingrown hair????

The picture is included. for a bit of a location its at 3 o'clock from the corner where both my bottom and upper lip meets. And its exactly at the height of where the bottom of my nose is.... well i could of said cheek.... the bottom inner part of my cheek.

I use Finacea (love this stuff-cleared my rosacea/acne great) everyday. That hasnt made it go away, ive used Aczone, and BP..............................

Advice is needed please.

Should i go somewhere to get it looked at?

post-209598-0-64869300-1410839515.jpg

post-209598-0-64869300-1410839515.jpg

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 09/16/2014 6:12 am

Hi :)

my advice is to get it looked at (not to scare you, just that its an awful long time to have a pimple)

Has it ever leaked? itched? Got bigger?

If it started out as a whitehead or blackhead then maybe it is a blockage of some sort. Like i said, get it checked out by someone.

I have similar things on my legs sometimes,they last about 2 months but seem to go eventually.

good luck.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 09/16/2014 7:59 am

Hi

my advice is to get it looked at (not to scare you, just that its an awful long time to have a pimple)

Has it ever leaked? itched? Got bigger?

If it started out as a whitehead or blackhead then maybe it is a blockage of some sort. Like i said, get it checked out by someone.

I have similar things on my legs sometimes,they last about 2 months but seem to go eventually.

good luck.

Thanks for the response!

Never leaked, got bigger. It has gotten a bit smaller since when i got it. I may just be freaking myself out. I remember it looking blackhead-ish. Mhhhhhhhh

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 09/16/2014 10:16 am

Okay well the fact that it hasnt leaked or got bigger is good.

i didnt mean to scare you.

I looked around on the web...

Dermatofibromas ?

Dermatofibromas are harmless round, red-brownish skin growths that are most commonly found on the arms and legs. Dermatofibromas contains scar tissue and feel like hard lumps in the skin.

The cause of dermatofibromas is not known.

Keratosis Pilaris?

This disorder appears as small, rough bumps. The bumps are usually white or red, but do not itch or hurt. Keratosis pilaris is usually worse during the winter months or other times of low humidity when skin becomes dry.

I think a derm will be able to find out what it is.

The problem with trying to self diagnose over the internet is that you end up scaring yourself...

keep us updated

good luck.

Just so you know i had a cancer scare quite recently.

It was on my nose, a wound that would keep occuring in the same spot. The scab would not heal much and it kept weeping and bleeding. I had a biopsy done and it came beack negative, turns out i had some bacterial infection.

I did alot of reading on the web before hand and was convinced it was cancer, my gp even thought it may be despite my age so i was referred to a derm.

I know its scary but it doesnt look like a cancer to me ( i did alot of reading up on it)