Notifications
Clear all

Skin Looks Better In The Morning?

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 09/07/2014 4:41 am

Wondering if anyone else gets this?

It seems that when I get up in a morning my skin looks less red and swollen than it will during the day. Anyone able to shine some light on this.

Pretty much all my acne is on my back and neck but at the moment I have a rather annoying cyst on my cheek. (Never had this problem on my face before) been there for weeks now and when it first came on it made the whole side of my face swell up. Anyway I iced it down over a couple days and the swelling went but the core of it is still there. How come in the morning when I first get out of bed it is pretty much gone but later during the day it swells up and gets redder again?

This is the same with most of my other acne.

My skin is quite oily, meaning I have to shampoo the hair every morning because its quite oily when I wake up but what I don't understand is shouldn't that make it worse? The build up of oil on the pillow then transferring on to your face? Does the total opposite though.

Not that this is a problem just want to know whats happening while I sleep thats not happening through the day?

Anyway can anyone give me some pointers to why this might be?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@alice9)

Posted : 09/07/2014 5:55 am

I wonder is because your skin tends to repair itself during your sleep. I heard that the skin would be most effectively healing itself when you sleep between 11pm to 1am. So sleeping at around 10pm one should fell into deep sleep around 11pm. Sleeping early not only does allow your skin to heal but also allows you to wake up fresh and energized in the mornings. As to why it seems to be redder in the afternoon or so, could be because of excessive touching of skin which can cause bacteria to transfer to your face that may lead to inflammation and redness. You probably need to note what kind of cleanser or creams that you use that may contribute to this redness. Make sure its not harsh, no perfume/fragrance in the ingredient list, use moisturizer with calming ingredients:D

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 09/07/2014 9:23 am

I also encounter this problem I notice that my skin looks a lot better in the mornin. As I go through my school day it gets worse!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 09/07/2014 10:46 am

I also encounter this problem I notice that my skin looks a lot better in the mornin. As I go through my school day it gets worse!

its probably because schools have alot of bacteria in the air and everywhere cause all the students

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/07/2014 10:57 am

yea its 1 of the misterys

its probably because schools have alot of bacteria in the air and everywhere cause all the students