Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne Cured

MemberMember
(@chocchip)

Posted : 09/05/2014 11:07 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my experience in case it might be of help to others going through a similar situation. I sufferend for years with hormonal acne, which only started in my 20s. I went on the OC for a few years and this worked great for my skin...only problem was I started getting other side effects from the pill. I tried many different types and nothing worked so I came off it altogether. My acne was terrible for years and nothing seemed to work. I tried so many things expensive and cheap with very little success. As a last resort I tried Inositol (1/4 teaspoon, twice a day) and Chelated Zinc tablets (50mg per day). I didnt actually think this would work, seeing as nothing else did. Within 2 days my acne was clearing up and within a week, my acne was gone. It's now been 3 years and I still dont get acne. If i stop taking this or eat foods high in dairy I find I break out all over again - back to my old cystic acne :(. I never forget to take it now, the acne just isn't worth it.

I recommended this to a friend who had hormonal acne and this worked for her too. I know what works for some doesnt always work for others but thought I'd share in case it helps someone out there who is also struggling with hormonal acne...plus it's relatively cheap too :). If you find it difficult to get inositol in shops where you live, you can buy it on ebay really cheap. Most supermarkets stock Zinc tablets ( get the 50mg tablets), but ebay does too.

:)

MemberMember
(@soozin12)

Posted : 09/09/2014 2:59 pm

I am so excited for you!!

Thank you so much for sharing, I am absolutely going to do some research on this.

I already have an extremely strict diet (dairy free, gluten free, refined carb/sugar free), but I am still suffering hormonal breakouts - mostly on my chin.

I've been seeing a naturopath who has advised me to take a high quality fish oil.

...No success so far.

I think i'll stick it out for another month and if there are no results I'm going to try your combo.

Thanks again for sharing. You reminded me that there's hope.