Notifications
Clear all

What Treatment Should I Use? (Not Sure If Red Marks Or Scars > Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@con3)

Posted : 08/28/2014 9:07 am

Hi all, I've been struggling with acne for several years now and at first I tried ignoring it, then a whole bunch of OTC stuff, finally went onto Proactiv's triple product line and cut out dairy and thing's have been going relatively good, with only an occasional breakout here or there. I'm planning on switching over to acne.org product but what I've also noticed now is that I have what I'm not sure if red marks or scars left from the acne and it's all over my face primarily the cheeks. I've attached some photos as well. I was wondering if there was anything that would be effective in getting rid of them. I was reading up on chemical peels but don't know how strong if any I should go for and if they would work. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

post-419280-0-81126400-1409234797.jpg

post-419280-0-22039700-1409234819.jpg

post-419280-0-81126400-1409234797.jpg

post-419280-0-22039700-1409234819.jpg

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/28/2014 4:40 pm

Hi all, I've been struggling with acne for several years now and at first I tried ignoring it, then a whole bunch of OTC stuff, finally went onto Proactiv's triple product line and cut out dairy and thing's have been going relatively good, with only an occasional breakout here or there. I'm planning on switching over to acne.org product but what I've also noticed now is that I have what I'm not sure if red marks or scars left from the acne and it's all over my face primarily the cheeks. I've attached some photos as well. I was wondering if there was anything that would be effective in getting rid of them. I was reading up on chemical peels but don't know how strong if any I should go for and if they would work. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Yep those are all red marks (hyper pigmentation) fairly easy to get rid of. I got rid of all of mine with acne.org AHA it's a chemical exfolator. Works really well and can also be used as a spot treatment. My skin looked a lot like that after I finished my Accutane course. Within a couple of weeks of using the AHA my marks were noticeably lighter, after 2 or 3 months of using it my skin was all even toned and nice and smooth! No more red marks to be seen, I use it daily as a moisturizer and it gives me a nice youthful glow. I love it.

Also why are you planning on switching from proactive to the Regimen? If proactive is working well for you I would stick with it honestly. Be the look of it, it's done great things to your skin. I'd stick with it. No sense ruining a good thing!

MemberMember
(@con3)

Posted : 08/28/2014 8:03 pm

Thanks.

Yep those are all red marks (hyper pigmentation) fairly easy to get rid of. I got rid of all of mine with acne.org AHA it's a chemical exfolator. Works really well and can also be used as a spot treatment. My skin looked a lot like that after I finished my Accutane course. Within a couple of weeks of using the AHA my marks were noticeably lighter, after 2 or 3 months of using it my skin was all even toned and nice and smooth! No more red marks to be seen, I use it daily as a moisturizer and it gives me a nice youthful glow. I love it.

Also why are you planning on switching from proactive to the Regimen? If proactive is working well for you I would stick with it honestly. Be the look of it, it's done great things to your skin. I'd stick with it. No sense ruining a good thing!

Ahh cool. Is there any worth in investing in stronger chemical peels, my friend said Zenmed skin eraser kit really worked for him but I know personally I have quite sensitive skin and reviews of the product on here are pretty mixed for the product. I'm an Aussie as well so shipping adds up quite a bit.

And with switching off proactiv i think it was because proactiv comes out comparably more expensive and I only use the product at night now but even the lowest frequency of delivery is 20 wks. I guess I could just buy them as one off purchases instead but I've also read some people's stories of how they became dependent on proactiv and once they go off it or try any other product they just breakout. Don't really want that happening for me so thought if it's more cost effective, better for my skin why not switch.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/28/2014 11:30 pm

Thanks.

Ahh cool. Is there any worth in investing in stronger chemical peels, my friend said Zenmed skin eraser kit really worked for him but I know personally I have quite sensitive skin and reviews of the product on here are pretty mixed for the product. I'm an Aussie as well so shipping adds up quite a bit.

And with switching off proactiv i think it was because proactiv comes out comparably more expensive and I only use the product at night now but even the lowest frequency of delivery is 20 wks. I guess I could just buy them as one off purchases instead but I've also read some people's stories of how they became dependent on proactiv and once they go off it or try any other product they just breakout. Don't really want that happening for me so thought if it's more cost effective, better for my skin why not switch.

Thanks

Your going to become dependent on any treatment you use, most likely. I haven't used the zenmed products before. I've heard mix results as well. I know ordering from here can become quite pricy for shipping. Try ordering from amazon. Acne.org sells it's products there as well, eBay too. Shipping might be cheaper that way, I'm not exactly sure though. Worth looking into. Also Paula's choice sells AHA products that have good reviews but I don't have experience with those either :/

The only AHA I ever used is acne.orgs so I can only speak for that product. If your going to orde the regimen from acne.org you can order a kit that has the aha included. You can start the aha right away since your skin is already used to the BP. Dan recommends a certain waiting period before starting AHA but your skin at this point would be ready for it.