Notifications
Clear all

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@anw1318)

Posted : 08/25/2014 9:21 pm

I have really bad post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, they're basically huge red marks on my face. I've tried everything and nothing seems to help reduce it. I know it's going to take more than a couple weeks, but it's so embarrassing. It's even dry and flaking and I can't cover it up with concealer. Does anyone have any treatment, tips or suggestions? Please help!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/26/2014 6:35 pm

I have really bad post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, they're basically huge red marks on my face. I've tried everything and nothing seems to help reduce it. I know it's going to take more than a couple weeks, but it's so embarrassing. It's even dry and flaking and I can't cover it up with concealer. Does anyone have any treatment, tips or suggestions? Please help!

I recommend using Acne.org AHA+

I use this product to fade away all my red marks left behind by acne breakouts. It's a chemical exfoliation product. Worked for me really quickly. Your right that it's going to take more than a couple weeks, but I did see improvement in a couple of weeks using the AHA. It's very moisturizing and it will take care of the dry flaking skin you have too. I've been using it for 16 months and it is also used as a spot treatment.

MemberMember
(@lotuseater53)

Posted : 04/18/2015 10:22 am

I want to jump on the bandwagon here. I have pretty bad hyperpigmentation ever since I started using retin-a almost exactly a year ago. I have been off it since October and I believe my skin is finally starting to normalize again. I am trying to stick out with "water only" cleaning to minimalize inflammation but I am still using a vitamic c serum toner, MSM cream and aloe to help with scarring. It just seems that no matter what I do my acne leaves scars ever since the retin-a (never had an issue before). I regret ever going to a dermatologist so much. Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, is there hope? Should I just leave it alone completely? Or has my skin been over-exfoliated to all heck. I have pictures attached to show the current state of my skin.

post-464289-0-45001100-1429370512.jpg

post-464289-0-64031300-1429370513.jpg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/18/2015 10:49 pm

Yep, I hate it as well. Takes months, and I mean many months. Expect to be out for the next 6 months till it becomes unnoticable :/

MemberMember
(@emsizzle)

Posted : 04/22/2015 10:08 pm

Like your pictures, I have some intense hyperpigmentation too. I also use the retin-a and i haven't actually heard that that makes red marks worse. I thought it was supposed to dry up the extra oil and increase skin cell turn over to help reduce the red marks. I found AHA at maybe a TJ maxx and used it for a while. Its a chemical exfoliant, so it made me peel a bit ( i have more sensitive skin). I'm worried about using AHA at the same time as retin-a, but I'm starting to feel pretty desperate. My acne is almost completely gone thanks to antibiotics but i still look awful and makeup isn't even enough to cover this

MemberMember
(@jamescurtiss)

Posted : 06/06/2016 7:09 pm

I have this issue too, but I also have brownish and yellowish marks on my forehead, it looks and feels like post inflammatory hyperpigmentation but I don't know if it's the same.

MemberMember
(@justalittlelonger)

Posted : 06/07/2016 7:39 pm

Turmeric is excellent for reducing redness. There's all kinds of videos on YouTube of how to use it in a mask. Just be careful because it does stain clothes badly. If your skin looks yellow after, the stain can be removed with a toner.

I use it in a cream though (Vicco Turmeric Skin Cream with sandalwood oil) which I love for dealing with irritation as well as acne.

MemberMember
(@gunnu)

Posted : 02/02/2020 8:19 am

Is this permanent??? 

Please help me out 

I no more believe on the dermatologist.

15806493618828207012061898856628.jpg

15806494748345284877906024757412.jpg