Notifications
Clear all

Benozoyl Peroxide And Salicylic Acid Combination?

MemberMember
(@shupomrayhan)

Posted : 08/05/2014 1:37 pm

Hi guys.

I have mild acne with some hyperpigmentation.

Right now I'm using Benzoyl peroxide 4% for about a month and it's helping me out quite a bit.

I was wondering if it would be okay if I used salicylic acid 6% cream with that?

I'm thinking of this routine:

Wash face in the evening with Clean & Clear foaming facewash, apply salicylic acid 6%, wash it off after about an hour or so and then apply BP and keep it on overnight.

What do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 08/06/2014 6:39 pm

Hey I also use this combo but not in that routine and concentrations. I use 2.5% BP and 2% BHA.

I also only use them at night and spot treat with BP in the morning. Im finding it good so far.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 08/06/2014 7:10 pm

Hi guys.

Right now I'm using Benzoyl peroxide 4% for about a month and it's helping me out quite a bit.

I was wondering if it would be okay if I used salicylic acid 6% cream with that?

Wash face in the evening with Clean & Clear foaming facewash, apply salicylic acid 6%, wash it off after about an hour or so and then apply BP and keep it on overnight.

What do you guys think?

leaving it on only for a hour ? you should be leaving it on until you wash your face again

you can apply bp then salicylic acid but you will need a moisturizer regardless because of bp

MemberMember
(@shupomrayhan)

Posted : 08/07/2014 11:29 pm

Hey I also use this combo but not in that routine and concentrations. I use 2.5% BP and 2% BHA.

I also only use them at night and spot treat with BP in the morning. Im finding it good so far.

I tried 2.5% BP at first. It didn't really work out that well for me :/

Hi guys.

What do you guys think?

leaving it on only for a hour ? you should be leaving it on until you wash your face again

you can apply bp then salicylic acid but you will need a moisturizer regardless because of bp

Wouldn't leaving sa 6% for too long be overkill? I mean 6% is kind of a lot.

Oh and by the way, will it cause salicylate toxicity too?